Any ideas?

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
So after talking to a couple of other people that are running ET's similar to mine, it's pretty obvious that my truck is falling off after the 1/8 mile for some reason. In the 1/8 it traps about 85mph like the other people, but in the 1/4 it's only trapping 104 which is about 1-2mph slower than the others. Additionally while my 1/8 mile is quicker/faster, my 1/4 mile ET is the same or slower.

Only thing I can think of is the hpop must be weak. Fuel pressure is great and with the truck running so smoothly I really can't think of anything else it could be. Any ideas?

I'm going to Diesel Innovations this weekend so I'll hook it up to the scanner while I'm there and see what the hpop is doing.

What else is done to it? Maybe you need to step down like .005 on the nitrous jet or something. Must be hpop? Come on. Danny "must" want to tear the top end of the motor apart. Or maybe it needs an extra 1 or 2% on ipr to kick it in the ass. Then again 1 or 2% could make it pop the regulator.

I brought the nitrous down a little the other day. Had a .040 and .065 and it was a little faster, put in a .075 and it was about 1/2 a mph faster. Brought it down to a .052 and .059. Haven't run it like that yet. I'll be doing 1/8 mile friday, then 1/4 mile sunday weather permitting.

Truck had tuner, intake, and exhaust. Now added studs, egr delete, FASS, ITP regulated return, and tuned ficm. All that add'l stuff gave me another tenth and 1 mph. LOL

It was mostly to get ready for injectors/supercharger/turbo anyway though.

Must be hpop? Come on. Danny "must" want to tear the top end of the motor apart. Or maybe it needs an extra 1 or 2% on ipr to kick it in the ass. Then again 1 or 2% could make it pop the regulator.

What do you mean here?

Hpop on stock injectors will provide plenty and the IPR percentage can be raised to eek out the last little bit to get within the +/-5% variance in the part. If you go too high, you just pop off the regulator and get a multicylinder misfire.

Back