Any interest in a common rail swap section?

RonA

There is an excellent section on p-pumping the 24V. Just wondering if there would be any value to a common rail swap section for those putting a CR motor into an older truck?

The only thing that I've heard was John changing the dowel location for the front gear case. That's how ignorant I am. ;)

I mean swapping a complete common rail system into and older truck, not p-pumping the common rail.

Ooohh. I said I was ignorant. I just didn't realize the degree of accuracy in that statement.

Yesterday I read somebody (sorry i forgot your screen name) have replaced 12V engine on his 98 12V with '07 common rail.

Ooohh. I said I was ignorant. I just didn't realize the degree of accuracy in that statement.

Your not ignorant. I wasn't clear in my first post. You were probably just in shock seeing me post about common rail stuff.:D

i know there is alot that goes into swapping those engines in and making the electronic systems work

LOL I'm excited for hte CR stuff. As standalone controllers become more widely available, I think we'll be up to our ears in info. I could see a CR Swaps forum being a useful place to compile that info. Even better, a wiki.competitiondiesel.com with the login info tied to the forums.

HEY PHIL!!! we need a wiki!

i think compdiesel would be a great place to help with cr swaps and would def get more people over here and that would also help get vendors$ more site visits also! there is a large number with lots of info to help people out, so lets get this going so i can swap a cr into both my trucks soon! 83 1/2 ton 2wd shortbox and 05 excursion

yea id really like to see it, i think there will be a lot of this happening in the near future!

I think it would be a great idea. I've got two Fords that are getting the powerstrokes replaced with common rails, and I'm sure I could use some help when I get to the point of putting the engines in.

It's always an idea? But we have the conversion forum that I would think this would fall under? Let me look into it.

BTW Brandon when I have the time(never) I'll look into the wiki thing.

LOL I hope not. I should probably donate some time to keeping this place running, but I'm lazy.

The electrical issues are the main thing for me. The 6.7 motor i bought has the injectors, wiring harness, complete fuel system, and computer. I would be interested in trying the common rail system if i thought the wiring could be done cheaper than doing the p-pump swap. They run clean, and i could always buy a couple of extra injectors and computer for when they fail.

I see the use of a CR sub forum in the conversion section.

Mostly it will just deal with the wiring of the stock ECM to whatever. I think its just 6 wires?

Then you have the vin lock ****.

If you can have someone that will add the good tech threads to a Wiki. It can be very powerful as it makes sure the threads dont get lost and the pictures are archived on the site.

Back