Any interest in a common rail swap section?

The electrical issues are the main thing for me. The 6.7 motor i bought has the injectors, wiring harness, complete fuel system, and computer. I would be interested in trying the common rail system if i thought the wiring could be done cheaper than doing the p-pump swap. They run clean, and i could always buy a couple of extra injectors and computer for when they fail.

One of the common rails that I have is a 6.7 going in a Ford. From what I hear it isn't hard you just have to know what wires to splice into. I know what you mean though just looking at one of these engines with all the wiring on it looks like a big mess.

I read in the Feb. Diesel World mag where Ryan Bean is putting an '06 5.9L into an '05 Ford.
Reading it gives me the impression that all you have to do is move the tranny mount back 2 inches, bolt on the motor mounts and flexplate...and slide it in.

Just doing more reading on the '06 5.9L....what are they gonna do for the inlet air temp heater grid, or pedal with the TPS on it, or the transmission?

Seems that the PCS controller will work for the trans, but does it work properly?

I have a big interest in the swaps as well.....

I have absolutely no want for a section like this.........

It will make me want to put a 6.7 in my truck...

Looks like my interest in this is gone. At this point It is far cheaper to p-pump it. I got a price on the injecters, dual pump, non-motorhome ecm, and smarty. Since I already have the fuel system for the p-pump, and the pistons, it is much cheaper to go that route. It would be interesting to try a common rail, but the extra $6-$7K is too much for a maybe.

ive done the oppisite and swaped the common rail with the 12 valve and it wasnt hard u just have to keep the computer

Back