Any one have no bus on there guages?

Johndeere9610

Ford guy
I bought the truck with some issues but I have the wiring fixxed I think but its saying no bus on the gauges is there anything from the swap that would cause that?

Its a 98.5 with a 160 pump

I got the same thing yesterday when I started mine for the first time. I think its from the ECM not being grounded as I hadnt bolted it back on the block yet. Will let you know what I find if you dont find it first. Post back here when/if you do!

Josh

My ECM isn't bolted on the block and all of my gauges are working with no problem.

Rusty, Did you buy the truck from Jeff with the fusebox melted after it caught on fire or was it replaced before you got it? It sounds like a fuse or loose wire. I think I have a wiring diagram somewhere if you want it.

I Bougt the truck as it was the shop was going to install a new fuse box useing the old harness. I didn't like that idea so ibought different harness I know had a dealing with this problem back in June. But I came here looking for idea.

Could only running the driver side battery have anything to do with it?

Sorry for the typing I'm on my new phone

I Bougt the truck as it was the shop was going to install a new fuse box useing the old harness. I didn't like that idea so ibought different harness I know had a dealing with this problem back in June. But I came here looking for idea.

Could only running the driver side battery have anything to do with it?

Sorry for the typing I'm on my new phone

You need to make sure the ground for the pcm is grounded. It hooks up to the pass neg bat cable and there is also another ground that runs over the alt that hooks to the same cable. They are like 8 gauge or so with a gray conector on them. I just used my stock cable and bolted it to the fender and hooked the two grounds up. There is also one other small ground wire close to the ecm that needs to be bolted to the block.The ecm dose not need to be bolted to anything.

Did you get it figured out?

Not yet I haven't been back out to the truck. But I have a feeling that it's going to be the little wire by the ECM or the fuse. I'll post back up when I work on it but it's looking like that may be Thursday at the soonest.

But thanks for the input
Rusty

I'm with CL2000! When I removed my pass side battery, I had a NO BUS signal from the PCM not being grounded...

Lavon

you guys are right about the battery dodge didnt see a reason to clean the grounding point on the fender so when you pull the battery its cable loses its ground scuffed the paint and its good to go.

Now does anyone know where this wire goes?

Is that wire in the engine wiring harness and comes out pretty close to the ecm?If it is and has a white stripe its your ground for the ecm.

No it's an all black wire that comes out of the engine harness by the fuse box I think it either need power or ground just not sure where it go"s.

Also where is the oil pressure sensor my gauge is showing nothing

Fixed my "no Bus" issue. When I removed my BD RAD box I didnt splice the factory wires back together in the firewall. A couple butt connectors and "Wala" I have a Tach again!

glad you guys got it figured out. mine was perfectly fine after my swap. then it quit. but since i dont drive it i said screw it and bought an aftermarket tach and ripped all the wires and ecm out.

Back