Any regrets?

ERA

Ive got a whole 12 valve parts truck to rape parts from to do this swap. The only thing I would need to buy is the fuel lines. My question is, do any of you that have completed this swap regret it? Im not so much worried about the performance part of the swap, which pump is faster or makes more power. I love the simpicity and reliability of the 12 valve but I stole the truck Ive got now (2000 3500 5 speed). I guess Im wanting to here the negatives about this swap. Thanks.

Ive always argued that drivability suffers with the ppump. Most will agree, it is very dependant on your setup and personal taste.

Mostly I tell people that if your gonna stay under 600hp and dont need stone dead realiability. Stick with the VP.

I have zero regrets with the swap. Going from the HRVP to the p-pump, my drivability improved, mileage stayed the same, power went up. Only possible downside is if you are in a cold climate like me, you won't have a high/three cylinder idle. Mine never worked anyway, so an Espar went in before the conversion. Oh, and the cost. Mine wasn't cheap. But the worthwhile things seldom are.

Ive got everything just about, except for the lines. The 1995 parts truck was given to me from a friend that melted a piston. As far as climate go's, I live in Florida. Looks like I need to get started. Ive got another truck (a 1994) its having some tranny work done. When I get it back and have something to drive I guess I'll get started. Anyone in North West Florida?

I love mine, much better than a vp in most ways. I like the way vp power feals vs p pump, but I think the smoother power will be better for the truck considering the way I drive

01 02 swaping in the 12v is not two bad and everything works flawless. now the 98.5-00 would be a different story and keeping everything working. after i got my motor together took me three short days day one i pulled day two installed the motor and day three wired everything up.

01 02 swaping in the 12v is not two bad and everything works flawless. now the 98.5-00 would be a different story and keeping everything working. after i got my motor together took me three short days day one i pulled day two installed the motor and day three wired everything up.

Thats what I would like to do, swap in a 12 valve. Ive got a complete 94 that Im not in love with that runs like a top. What makes the 98.5-2000 harder? I was under the impression that with a 98 harness it isnt bad?

Thats what I would like to do, swap in a 12 valve. Ive got a complete 94 that Im not in love with that runs like a top. What makes the 98.5-2000 harder? I was under the impression that with a 98 harness it isnt bad?

Only thing that comes to mind is that the 98-00 use a crank position sensor. 01-02 only use a cam sensor. The crank sensor has a hole in the block for it. The old 12v blocks don't have this hole. If you have a 98 12v engine, it should be fairly easy swap into a 98-00 truck.