Any VW VE pump builders around?

patracy

Looking around for sources of people that build up the VW VE pump.

Give Frank a call, if he doesn't will tell you who does.
Frank's 417-232-4634

What are you looking to have done? If looking for a full rebuild, Giles or DFIS is Oregon. Just doing a head swap or reseal, I do them all day long.

Look up zukgod1 on here. He has built some nice pumps. He has the VW Caddy (pickup) thread going.

Looking for a performance build. I've resealed a few VE pumps on my own.

1.6 mechanical. Looking mainly for more midrange and top end. Not looking for a HP monster. Just really needing more mid and top end.

Look for a Scirroco 2.5" dual downpipe, 2.5" exhaust, and a 1.8 gas header. Should wake up mid-range. Local guy to me gets close to 60mpg out of his. He did all of this with some tweaking to a rebuilt pump.

This is a turbo diesel. Already have a 2.5" exhaust. This is in my samurai.

Ah! Gotcha!

Wait, do you have a vid on youtube going through a back field of some sort? I think I remember a stack and a flapper... White truck on like 35's?

1.6 mechanical. Looking mainly for more midrange and top end. Not looking for a HP monster. Just really needing more mid and top end.

Simple. Put a camplate and pump head from a 1.9 tdi on your pump, and enjoy!

Actually did some tinkering today and now I need more air! :D

I re-indexed the throttle lever. Basically I pulled the lever up just enough to allow the lever rod to clock one tick clockwise. That allowed the idle to run WAY down. Then I turned up the max fuel screw about two turns. Lots o' black smoke when I want it. Pulled up to 1200F on EGTs on the uphills. I'm going to do a little more tweaking but I'm pulling 20psi of boost now. I think I'll leave it alone for now. (No camplate or head for now) I've got a intercooler I've been meaning to install too...

If you decide to go with some performance stuff hit me up.

There is some things we can do with the timing advance along with the cam etc.

What can you do with the cam? Mine is a mechanical head engine. So I'm not sure how a ground cam would work with the adjustment shims.