anybody have dyno numbers. ddp4 vs others? for 12v

whitehoopty

i see a ton of people on every forum saying how bad the ddp4's are and how theres better injecters out there. Has anyone dynoed with ddp's and other injecters? or ran the 1/4 mile with different injecters that were same size?

I think they get a bad rap just cause they are pricey and people misunderand the marine spray pattern. If u seArch don from f1 has good explanation of the marine spray pattern and it's effects which I found to be very enlightening based on what others had said about spraying out of the bowl and such. It changed the way I viewed marine injectors. I may be wrong but I tried timing from 18 to 32 degrees. Currently at 30 and I like it. No idle haze very smooth lots of power. I use them and I like them. IMO one of the best injectors for all around.
Jeremy

Bponci and 5150ram are firm believers in ddp injectors and have lots of experience with them and both have laid down awesome numbers.

I think they get a bad rap just cause they are pricey and people misunderand the marine spray pattern. If u seArch don from f1 has good explanation of the marine spray pattern and it's effects which I found to be very enlightening based on what others had said about spraying out of the bowl and such. It changed the way I viewed marine injectors. I may be wrong but I tried timing from 18 to 32 degrees. Currently at 30 and I like it. No idle haze very smooth lots of power. I use them and I like them. IMO one of the best injectors for all around.
Jeremy

Have you tried a set of 5x.014s with the correct spray pattern?

I have and it was a night and day difference.

Specifically 145's no but 140 degrees yes. I wanted to try a set of 5x16's from Weston but he was having difficulties getting them. Maybe I spoke out of turn not having direct experience with them, but reading don's take on marines I do believe there is something to be said about his knoweledge. I will try to find out for myself specifically. Can u explain ur experinces with the 2 injectors please.
Jeremy

I've had good luck with my 155* Ddp4's as well. I haven't tried anything else yet, but I would like to down the road. I've had my injectors in since March of 06, they were too good of a deal to pass up($550). Back then you either ran 370's or $1000+ set of injectors.

Dont get me wrong, my DDP4s were a very clean great power injector.

UNTIL IT GOT COLD OUT!

Truck barely wanted to start in the Chicago winters (doesnt look like you guys have that problem) talked with Weston and he sent me out a set of his sticks and it was like the truck was stock again.

BTW, stock injectors are 145*, DDP3s, 4s, and customs are 155*.

I run a set of DPP 4's and have no issues with them but I do run the correct type pistons, having said that I still don't see an issue with I don't run big timing either nor did I have an issue with 370's that I ran for years.

If a guy were to run big timing I'd want a set of tight pattern EDM Injectors or work on the piston bowls during the build.

Jim

bump. so all this talk about spray patterns and no one has tested on the dyno? thats pretty sad to say there over prices and junk when no one has tested it.

After using Don's product I will never go back no matter what the price! I have drove a truck with the 4's, my truck with Flows and my truck with F1's (yes I know they vary in size) no question who will get my money from now on. Just some food for thought!
Brandon

You ever put truck on dyno? ran it down the track? i wanna see power wise on paper not how it idles.

My truck isnt a dyno queen. I have better things to spend my money on. It makes me laugh on how many people are so worried about dyno numbers. You can take 2 different dynos (then again even the same dyno) same day and have numbers that are over 100hp difference.

As far as I am concerned, I like when my truck starts, idles and performs at its best, and I can assure you it didnt like the DDP injectors, lower compression and higher timing.

Its your money, but I cant for the life of me figure out why people will spend DOUBLE for an inferior injector. Yes, 4-5 years ago people didnt know any better.
THANKS WESTON!

I ran my truck once this year and it did a 12.8 at 104mph.
That was with a set of Westons 5x.012s and an E.D. 62/68/14.

My truck isnt a dyno queen. I have better things to spend my money on. It makes me laugh on how many people are so worried about dyno numbers. You can take 2 different dynos (then again even the same dyno) same day and have numbers that are over 100hp difference.

As far as I am concerned, I like when my truck starts, idles and performs at its best, and I can assure you it didnt like the DDP injectors, lower compression and higher timing.

Its your money, but I cant for the life of me figure out why people will spend DOUBLE for an inferior injector. Yes, 4-5 years ago people didnt know any better.
THANKS WESTON!

That's some respectible ET Tony! I feel i'm about the same with my truck the way it sits! Sorry, don't have much to add to this thread.

i love the sticks i got from Weston (Smokem) i thought the DDP's were great until i got the set from Weston.

THANKS WESTON!

True, its not all about the dyno numbers as much as how it performs. And every truck is different.

To answer your question, I gained 27 hp over a set of 370's when I put mine in a couple of years ago. No other changes were made to the truck.

Thought I would bring this back...Nobody has dyno numbers or track ET/MPH with only an injector change?

396hp/900+tq with 370's. 423/900+ with DDP4's. Truck has #10 plate, and an HX35/40 hybrid, stock timing.

Back