Anybody with Quickserve? '05 ISX Pump Disassembly

Begle1

I'm trying to put an ISX fuel pump onto my first gen. It's a gear-to-gear pump driven by a gear on one of the cams.

I got it apart to the section that mounts to the plate and holds the drive gear and the gear's shaft. I pulled three seals out of the gear shaft bore, but now when I look in I just see the gear shaft spinning and have no idea how to take it apart from here (short of pressing on it and praying).

I have no idea. You can still do an "Engine Family Search", right?

'05 ISX should be a "CM870" engine family if I recall correctly. I know they went to the CM871 in '07, I think the CM870 replaced the CM570 in '02. Automotive engine.

I don't think they ever changed the transfer pump on the IFSM, they did up the rail pressures a bit in '02 though.

It used to be a real pain to get data off of Quickserve; best ways were to either take screenshots or print individual pages to PDF. If you could get any info for me I'd be thankful.

I have no idea. You can still do an "Engine Family Search", right?

'05 ISX should be a "CM870" engine family if I recall correctly. I know they went to the CM871 in '07, I think the CM870 replaced the CM570 in '02. Automotive engine.

I don't think they ever changed the transfer pump on the IFSM, they did up the rail pressures a bit in '02 though.

It used to be a real pain to get data off of Quickserve; best ways were to either take screenshots or print individual pages to PDF. If you could get any info for me I'd be thankful.

nope it wants the ESN i cannot do family

Give me your email, the screen shot i have is to large to be allowed to upload it.

You have mail, i think i found what you where looking for, if not let me know.

I got your email; thanks. I got no idea what that thing is though. LOL That's one of those mini-ISX common rail thingies.

Here are pictures of what I'm dealing with.

This is the pump disassembled into the three sections. The left-most section is an end-cap that has an inlet and outlet; the middle section contains the two gears that mesh together to move the fuel; the right-most section also contains a fuel inlet and outlet and holds the gear that rides on the camshaft.

DSC02304.jpg

The drive gear connects to the pumping gears by a little hex driveshaft.

DSC02300.jpg

The big question is: How do I remove the gear from this section?

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

Here's the section from the rear; that shaft inside the hole has a hex cut in it for the driveshaft, and when I turn the gear the shaft moves. In other words, all I can see in that hole is the shaft that the gear is on.

DSC02295.jpg

It has to come apart somehow... Even then I don't know if it's serviceable.

Crap. I hacked QuickServe and they don't have any info on how to disassemble the pump.

I sure hope that doesn't mean Cummins isn't going to sell me the three internal seals I ripped out of it with a screwdriver... :bang

Last edited:
Back