Anyone got an EZ or Power Puck?

Lil' Dunbar

The better looking Dunbar
Looking to add a little horsepower to my 24v and get rid of the factory boost settings. That being said, I would like to find an Edge EZ or Power Puck used for a decent price. I'd love to just get an edge comp, but I don't have the cash for that and a FASS system and I am surely not trying to buy another VP. So, if anybody knows of any out there I would appreciate you letting me know. Thanks.

Jordan

Depends on how strong your stock lp still is. Back in the day I ran a puck and when I got a fp gauge idled 12 and could get it down to 6 psi at wot

Not sure what your definition of a decent price is but chances are if you check a few of the forums someone has one for sale.

i've been running edge JWA with a DDRP for years, as long as you don't beat on it you'd be fine with a small lp upgrade and edge JWA

I've found a few threads where guys have sold them in the past few months but nothing recently. Ill probably end up just buying a puck new and then getting a boost fooler because I think the pucks for the 98-00 models don't have that feature. I would go with a JWA but I'm running a stock lp and don't have the funds to upgrade it at the moment.

If you don't have the funds for a lift pump then you don't have the funds for a vp, IMO save your money up for a lift pump. Ya it's not fun but it'll save you big bucks in the long run

First off, which Dunbar is this? Any relation to the former dyno king?

Secondly, lift pump first, just relocating the stock unit to the frame in front of the tank will make a big difference in both the life of the pump and the pressure it can put out. Do not go with a Holley Blue or similar, save your money for something better. Best non wire tap box is the TS MVP, best wire tap is a Comp box. They just work well without to many issues.

First off, which Dunbar is this? Any relation to the former dyno king?

Secondly, lift pump first, just relocating the stock unit to the frame in front of the tank will make a big difference in both the life of the pump and the pressure it can put out. Do not go with a Holley Blue or similar, save your money for something better. Best non wire tap box is the TS MVP, best wire tap is a Comp box. They just work well without to many issues.

This is Jordan Dunbar. David (the dyno king) is my uncle. And I thought as long as I didn't get a box that taps the injection pump wires my stock lift pump would be enough? Does it get enough pressure to the injection pump for me to use the power puck? The last thing I need is negative pressure in a brand new vp.

Do what billysgoat said. Then go ahead and get a juice or comp, that way you're not stuck with an EZ later on.

This is Jordan Dunbar. David (the dyno king) is my uncle. And I thought as long as I didn't get a box that taps the injection pump wires my stock lift pump would be enough? Does it get enough pressure to the injection pump for me to use the power puck? The last thing I need is negative pressure in a brand new vp.

Do me one favor, slap David upside the head and give Penny a hug for me :rockwoot:

Yes, you are correct, so long as you don't tap the wire a stock lift pump will supply plenty of fuel for an EZ or similar. What I would do is relocate the stock pump to the frame in front of the tank, that is actually a very good pump, just in a bad location for it's longevity.

If you find a Comp box, hook it up and it will function just like and EZ until you tap the wire to allow it to control the fueling. Just don't tap the wire till you are ready. With stock injectors and a healthy relocated stock pump you can tap the wire and keep enough fuel pressure.

Before you buy a box, make sure you know what your future plans for the truck are, I'll tell you right now that for fun to drive status, it's hard to beat a Comp box, RV 275 injectors and the stock turbo, should be about 350HP with quick spool. Another good one with a small set of injectors is the MVP, no wire tap needed.

Do me one favor, slap David upside the head and give Penny a hug for me :rockwoot:

Yes, you are correct, so long as you don't tap the wire a stock lift pump will supply plenty of fuel for an EZ or similar. What I would do is relocate the stock pump to the frame in front of the tank, that is actually a very good pump, just in a bad location for it's longevity.

If you find a Comp box, hook it up and it will function just like and EZ until you tap the wire to allow it to control the fueling. Just don't tap the wire till you are ready. With stock injectors and a healthy relocated stock pump you can tap the wire and keep enough fuel pressure.

Before you buy a box, make sure you know what your future plans for the truck are, I'll tell you right now that for fun to drive status, it's hard to beat a Comp box, RV 275 injectors and the stock turbo, should be about 350HP with quick spool. Another good one with a small set of injectors is the MVP, no wire tap needed.

Lol, will do the next time I see him. I ordered a cheap 50hp tuner (power puck) that will just open up my truck a little. I got that and a boost fooler for now. I'm in the middle of installing some isspro gauges and they are giving me a heck of a time. Can't get the things to come on at all. They have a main power wire, ignition power wire, dimmer wire, ground, and a 'mode' wire. Any suggestions on the best places to hook these up? Apparently where I have them is wrong. Lol

Back