Anyone have the "in" for

Extended Power

getting a set of copper injector o-rings for a 7.3L to use on my 6.0L?

Before you ask...The 7.3's are thicker, thats why I want them...

They are $30.00 each, at the "Stealership". (Can't get just the copper o-rings)

Dayyyyyum. 30 bucks each ?
That's all I've ever used....never knew they were that high though.
Maybe call Diesel Innovations or another 7.3 heavy shop....they may have some sitting around.

I just go the local diesel injection shop and they have them in stock. I think they cost me like $5 for 8. It wasn't much.

how much thicker are the 7.3 copper washers than the 6.0? because if its a good bit, that will raise the injector in the combustion chamber. resulting in a different nozzle depth and spray area. and changing the CR a slight bit, depending on the thickness difference between these two washers.

Me too...never one had an issue. The difference between the two isn't much.

i was just curious cause in the tdi world they have had a simaler thing happen. one supplier had a thicker washer than the stock one. and they found that with the one that was thicker, the car made more smoke and less power and fewer MPG.
just maid me think that maybe all of you that have put the 7.3 ones in that are thicker have increase fuel milage (so it seems). so maybe in this case it is the other way around! maybe raising the injector slightly is helping with the efficiancey of the cobustion!?
just thinking out side the box like i always do!

I ordered 16 of them today...just in case I have any problems with my injectors.
Just asking....what color were the 7.3 washers? The ones I saw today are aluminum colored, with a light blue dye stain on them, and they only have 3 "waves" on the inside, instead of 6, like the 6.0L copper washers.

And the price....It was STILL 1/2 the price of just one 7.3L injector o-ring kit from Ford. (Ford wanted $30.00 for 1 kit)
I got 16 of them for under $20.00.

Thanks for the help guys!!

Extended Power/Abrannan19, Do you have the Ford part number for the 7.3l washers or someother place to get them. I am currently doing headstuds and a bunch of other stuff and want to try the 7.3L copper washers in my 6.0L. By the way how are they holding up/any issues? Thanks

Last edited:
I have about 50 of them laying on my desk for a 6.0L 50 of them for 10 dollars. If you put a thicker one in you change where the spray pattern hits the piston. Now you run the risk of spraying fuel outside of the piston bowl. But hey, I'm sure you thought about it.

Is there any big problems that can occur from missing the piston bowl?

Back