Anyone know where to get 4.5gsk?

turninheadz94

casey ross
I have seen a thread around here about 4.5ks and my buddy bought some a year ago and we just put them in. His will free rev to 4500 easy and pulls all te way to 4k no problem. My dam 4gsk tightened down tight will only rev to 3900 lol. And it stop fueling in 5th at 3300. Just thought id ask thanks guys

Get a 180 pump if you need more rpm. The cam in the 160's lacks motivation!

Warranty!?!?!? I'm pretty sure that flies out the window the second you crack the pump open to begin modifications! LOL

So which cam does your 175 pump with a warranty have?

Get a 180 pump if you need more rpm. The cam in the 160's lacks motivation!

My old 160 is on a P-Pumped 24V and just made 778hp on fuel and revs to 5K... But if you want to make more power in the upper RPMs definately get a 180 pump so you have the right cam to work with

You might have better luck with a different brand's 4ks. What brands is in there now? I like TSTs personally. Not all kits are created equal:
DSCN0389.jpg

Mine seems like its too loose. Even tho i have 5 hard clicks in it to where i cant possibly tighten it anymore 4k barely yet my friends will rev to 4500 easy

And mine the po installed but gave me instructions receipts and everything and it said leave two shims in one on each side

Jack the supply pressure up so it maintains 60psi @ WOT. Also make sure you're getting full throttle arm travel when the fuel pedal is fully depressed.

OFVs are for stock trucks, you need an adjustable regulator plumbed in the return line.

I used to run an Aeromotive 13105 that worked great. In fact it's just sitting in my garage now, I'll make you a great deal on it if you want it.
Personally I would see what you can get out of the Tork Tek first, but if you really want to make power in the upper rpm you will need a better fuel system.

I have tried with and without shims under the large idle spring and in my opinion, which is not scientific fact, leaving the shims in give better driving characteristics. My theory is that it allows me to get more tension on the idle springs without adding tension to the other springs which allows the idle springs to work more at balancing the counterweights giving a smoother bottom end. But that's just my theory.