anyone runing 1:1 RR?

camarokiller

Im working on my 12 valves regulated return install. The regulator im using has the option of running 1:1 boost referenced pressure. I was thinking maybe like 5-8 idle and then letting it climb with boost. Just wanted to see if anyone is doing it. I googled it(search here doesnt work on my phone) for comp d and saw talk of it a few years ago but no results.

I tried it with my Aeromotive regulator a few years back, butt dyno didn't read anything different. Not very scientific, just my results!

Im not really looking for power (although what will terry found with his 160 is interesting). I was just wondering if it would be any easier on the pump with it not being force fed fuel all the time.

I ran one on my puller, had a 55 psi spring in the fass, I was thinking I couldn't bet below 20 psi at idle, and then it would get up to about 45 psi according to the logger.

Im using a walbro 392 with my own 2 micron filter and separator setup. The pump has a sweet spot around 75-80 psi. Hoping it works out good

I just got everything to hook up the boost reference on my aeromotive regulator so I can turn the pressure way down at idle to take it easier on the A1000. What pump are you running?

Im using a walbro 392 with my own 2 micron filter and separator setup. The pump has a sweet spot around 75-80 psi. Hoping it works out good

Don't forget about pressure drop. I had mine on the return off of the injection pump. I ran a 5/8" line from the big fass, it sill wouldn't maintain 50 psi under a heavy load. Of course I was running a ton of fuel.

Im running all new -8 push lock and the 7100 is dual fed. My reg is after the ppump and before the injector return tees in

Im running all new -8 push lock and the 7100 is dual fed. My reg is after the ppump and before the injector return tees in

I measured pressure before the pump and the regulator after the pump. Had a 3/4" pickup in the tank.

I had no complaints out of the setup, liked the fact that the pump had lower pressure at idle. Again it was on a 13mm pump with lots of fuel and lots of rpm and it didn't deliver over 50 psi at the pump.

Does a walbro 392 out flow the big fass?

Last edited:
GSL392-Fuel-Pump-Flow-Chart.jpg

Just throwing this out there. If the 392 isn't enough you can change to a Walbro 400 E85 version which flows 400lph and has close to the same footprint.

I wouldn't be worried about hurting an a1000. I run mine at 63-65lbs at idle, I also have boost connected to the return regulator, it stays around 85-90 psi at full boost.

Does high pressure hurt these fass pumps? I have the 250 fass at 55 psi and never had a problem.

Back