Anyone running a 62/71/16SS?

kas83

Anyone running one of these at all? I've been contemplating upgrading the hotside on my B-1 to the LDP 71mm wheel, and replace my 12 cm cracked housing. I want it to breathe. I figure that the 62 mm compressor is enough to keep 500+ hp cool, so I want to make sure the exhaust side isn't choking it off on the topend.

Ported head, 3 angle on the valves, HTT manifold, 4" inch straight exhaust, DDP 2's(might upgrade to 3's), 60# springs, studs and o-rings, 100 plate and 4k gsk is the setup. Also looking into a cam in the near future.

I don't think it will be too bad to spool, but should really help flow on the topend. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

Just curious as to the reasoning behind saying try a bigger compressor housing. II claims 650 hp with the Silver 62, and HTT claims about the same for a Super Stock SS. I know the Silver 62 has the 74 mm turbine, not the 71. A SPS 62 is rated at 600. I'm looking at 500, maybe 525 if I'm lucky, out of my truck. I feel that the 62 mm compressor is the best compromise for my truck. It will driven somewhat daily, pull a trailer every now and then, and have some full, either at the strip or pulling track. Nothing too serious though.

I'm just looking for some real world feedback if anyone has ran this style charger.

I bought a 64/71/16 a while back to try as a secondary. I had been running an SPS62. I thought the 16cm housing worked very well. If you are not complaining about the spool of a 62/71/.8, there is only the slightest difference between the .8 and the 16sst. The 16 is a tiny bit slower to get to the first couple of psi, and from there worked well. Probably be a bit of a top end advantage on a 500+ hp truck.

Back