Anyone running propane?

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
Now that I will have my transmission ready for fun I am thinking of things to do to cmplete the system. I want the truck fairly mild, stock turbo with boost control to 30psi, intake, exhaust, ground plate slid forward till it smokes good, 3k governer springs. I think this should make for a nice running truck.

A friend suggested propane for when I'm towing or for road trips. He claims to get considerably better milage when on propane and with a good system it's supposedly very stretable and safe, not like trying to run Nitrous on the street.

So, does anyone think a propane system on the previously set up truck would make a nice daily driver with the propane for towing/road use situations? Does it really increase milage or just make for more cost involved total.

Just thinking out loud as usual, thanks for any input.

George

Don't get me wrong, their are guys out there that sware by Propane. On the other hand like all things there are guys who curse it. From my own experience the cost of setting up a propane system Vs. the actual gains are worlds of difference. If I were you I would be adding more fuel before adding juice, there are alot of things that you can do to rig to get more HP w/o the huge cost of propane. Like a good set of injectors, a lot more consistent as well!