Anyone use Oreilly's reman injectors?

03BlackWidow

My truck is a turd again and even once warmed up you can hear it missing at light to wot throttle, also my mileage has tanked out again. My motor now only has about 35,000 miles and with it ford put in 4 new ones. Since then i've replaced 2-3 and got them from oreillys.

My question is how good are the ones from oreilly, where do they come from? They are obviously either remand or use recycled parts because on some the bodies have scratches in them. When i replaces the bad ones before my truck instantly ran better but still never 100%. Although I did also get one that was bad and had to swap it out for myself for free. Part of my problem is i dont know what scanner or how to do a really good scan to see which ones are bad untill the truck throws a cyl contribution code and therefore i replace the worst one but even then I know its bad but still have to deal with it for quite ahile before the scanner will tell which cyl to changeout.

Basically are oreillys very good or do I need to suck up and start buying the ones from ford which are double what i paid through oreillys. Anymore my labor time is worth the money just dont want to spend it if i dont have to.

Dont ever use reman injectors in a 6.0 or this will be a on going process. There is no way to reman these injectors to the tolerances that they originally had

Last edited:
^^^ Never use a reman injector. This is one of those things that you get what you pay for. Go to Ford and get a new injector.

Okay so what happens to the cores you turn in? I'm certain there are "remans" coming from Ford.

They are all remans....Ford, Dipaco, Alliant power etc.
The only injectors we use in the 6.0 is Alliant power.

Why Alliant and where are they available?

If their all reman'd what seperates one from another? Parts, builder, specs and tolerances?

I want to spend the money and do it right once so im not constantly changing an injector or 2 every year.

I use Alliant because they spent the money to figure out why the OEM injectors fail, and fix as many of those issues as they could within the design. I have yet to have a failure with the Alliant injectors!
We are a Dealer for Alliant also, if you would like a price on them send me a PM.

I use Alliant because they spent the money to figure out why the OEM injectors fail, and fix as many of those issues as they could within the design. I have yet to have a failure with the Alliant injectors!
We are a Dealer for Alliant also, if you would like a price on them send me a PM.

Can you give some examples of their fixes? I'm just trying to gain some insight.

To the op fix what is taking out the injectors. it is likely low fuel psi. That will help the truck run better and keep the injectors from going out. You want to maintain at least 50psi all the time. If not it dosent matter whose injectors you use your still going to have problems.

My fuel pressure very rarely ever falls below 50psi, only when i cut it to close on getting to the fuel station and it sloshes around.
Its pretty consistant at 57-58psi and on a long pull will fall down around 54 and recover as soon as i let off the throttle. Altough I am back to a completly stock fuel system again.