apps noise isolator

greencummins

So my 99 a while back was hoping in and out of lock up, so i grounded the apps to my battery and it fixed it for about 3 months, then it started again so i ordered a new apps, fixed it for about 10 minutes then it started yet again, so then i ordered the noise isolater for the apps and it fixed the problem, just now when i take my foot off the throttle when the truck is in lock up, it doesnt unlock the converter till it slows down to much or if i tap the brake pedal, but when i take my foot off the brake pedal it locks the converter again. anyone had this issue? Genos said it could be a number of things... but couldent give me even two possibilities...
let me know guys
Thanks
Jake

Yep I've seen this one before. Recently in fact. Fixed it by calibrating the APPS. Turn the key to the on position but do not start slowly push the pedal to the floor and slowly let it back up. Turn the key off and then start the motor, the problem should be fixed

Yep I've seen this one before. Recently in fact. Fixed it by calibrating the APPS. Turn the key to the on position but do not start slowly push the pedal to the floor and slowly let it back up. Turn the key off and then start the motor, the problem should be fixed

Wrong!

What you left out was to disconnect the batteries for at least 30 minutes. Then reconnect and do what you said.

Loose and dirty battery terminals and posts can cause the converter to lock and unlock.

Check and adjust your APPS voltage, there is a sticker on the back of it that tells you what the voltage should be at idle. If the voltage and sticker don't match loosen the two T-20 screws and rotate it until the voltage is correct.

After the adjustment REMOVE BOTH + and - battery cables and touch them together to drain the ECM and PCM. You won't hurt anything by doing this, just make sure that the cables are not touching either battery post.

Clean the terminals and posts and reinstall. MAKE SURE THAT THE CONNECTIONS ARE CLEAN AND TIGHT.

Turn the key to the run position and do the pedal calibration.

Loose and dirty battery terminals and posts can cause the converter to lock and unlock.

that's right, and i have seen this very recently with my ol' lady's 2nd gen.... clean the terminals and posts and good to go.

also wanted to note, a weak alternator or just ONE weak battery will cause this as well.

Back