APPS/P2121, A/C Clutch code and wires.

JasonCzerak

So, I replaced the APPS yesterday and it didn't set the code right off the bat. Started my drive to work this morning and stopped to check if a few little leaks were corrected (and they were), while looking the motor over it started to rev at me. Just a few hundred rpm. Didn't' set a code till the 4th time it did it. I shut it down, cleared the codes and continued on my drive and it eventually had a dead peddle for a few months and a few erratic revs. So the issue is still there.

The interesting part is my A/C clutch code is not coming up. It used to trip this code the moment I hit the A/C on button. The A/C compressor doesn't trigger (could be a coolant pressure issue), but the code is gone.

I had Dash issues but after mounting some harnesses back in their spot on the bell housing those have stopped.

Suggestions for next steps?

I lied about the A/C clutch.. after leaving it on for a while it did set it's code.

I've adjust one easy to get to ground. I'll find the ones on the block tonight and ensure they are making good contact and the ones on the chassis as well.

The throttle is much more sensitive tho,that's totally weird. I suppose the old APPS had dead spots or something? I backed the LL duration down a few number and it seems to be manageable.. huh. why would the tune matter?

chassis grounds on the chassis and battery cleaned and inspected. No change. It seems to be consistent that it occurs only when the motor is hot.

Time to check the motor and ecu grounds.... waiting on a new ECU to arrive by monday.

Last edited: