Are 2 trucks better than one?

JWales

Obsession or Addiction?
I have a 94' 2500 BTA5.9 with a few modifications and a 5spd and have come across a 99' ISB 5.9 235hp with chip(40hp) and 6spd. My 94' has been totaled and rebuilt, but has a bent frame and body damage from one end to the other. The 99' is a chassis cab, std cab w/10' of frame, the only damage is a few minor things, crack in the frame 2", need new Vibration damper, some steering issues/brake issues. What i'm getting at is i cant afford to maintain 2 diesel pickups at the moment, so i'm throughing around the idea of combining the 2 and selling what cant be reused. Any input would be nice. Main idea is to p-pump the 24v and sell the vp44/chip/exhuast brake to pay for the conversion. But money is a big factor. I can do every thing that doesnt require pump work. PARTS 12v BTA,60lbs valve springs, 160hp P7100(.022s,15.5degrees,fuel plate #?, 4GSK), H1CW,HX40, HX35, 24v ISB, NV4500,NV5600, 241 HD, Atlas 2 spd. Both trucks and engines are complete running vehicles.

Last edited:
I hope some one will know something about cam's, pump tricks, timing a P-pump to a 24v valve train limitaions and compounding turbos. Also I'm currently unemployed and 21 and have nothing but time. Also money is an issue but if i need it or want it I can find it.

I agree with takeing 2 and makeing one good ppumped 24v ... and if your gonna part out the 12 valve I would like the injector lines

I say go for it. I wish I had the funds to p-pump a 24v and get into a newer truck.

Back