Are 6.7 DPF's serviceable/ cleanable?

Begle1

The industrial DPF's that I was trained on could all be disassembled for the sake of cleaning the ash out of them.

Can Dodge DPF's be cleaned? Would you have to cut them apart and re-weld them to do so?

Anybody know what kind of field lives they're seeing?

Nope and as for life dunno if anybody knows that. Lot of variables in that formula. On a side note how come your banned from DB?

They gave me a 10 day ban for "pestering" other members; I thanked all of that one girls' posts in the "F!@$ thread" after I said that I'd stop giving women "a hard time" a few months ago. Personally I kind of put "thanking all her posts in the F!@# Thread" in a different category than "giving somebody a hard time", but the mods see it differently; they're just tired of me scaring all their female members away with my juvenile actions.

Anyways...

Has anybody had their 6.7 DPF pack full of ash or otherwise fail, and at what mileage?

I'd like to buy one to put on my first gen, and with all of the people taking theirs off the OEM ones can be found for pretty cheap, but now I realize that the Dodge ones at least aren't serviceable.

Are Ford or Chevy DPF's serviceable?

Ha too funny... And my bud killed a dpf in about 30k because of short trips. The only serviceable ones I know of are one for the big rigs... How come you want to run one?

you can blow it out with shop air, but you still need to do a regen or go tow something. i wouldnt suggest water/solvent

Trashdawg said:
I have used a pressure washer before.

It seems to me like that's probably what I'll end up trying if I ever need to... If I go through with my plan and put a DPF on my truck after an exhaust cut-out, then I already got the pressure washer built into the tool box on my truck so I could plumb in a solenoid and nozzle to spray water at it from inside the exhaust, wash the toxic carcinogenic slurry out of the exhaust cut-out and into the storm drain and totally automate the process. How'd that be for trick? :hehe:

you can blow it out with shop air, but you still need to do a regen or go tow something. i wouldnt suggest water/solvent

Regens and prolonged periods of high EGT's only burn out the stuff that is capable of being burned out; "ash" is by definition what can't be burned, and to get that out requires disassembly and cleaning.

At least that's the logic behind the people who make them when I was trained on them. Only they say to clean the ash out using their high dollar washer machines, that way it's all collected and hopefully the slurry is "disposed of properly".

Red_Rattler said:
Ha too funny... And my bud killed a dpf in about 30k because of short trips. The only serviceable ones I know of are one for the big rigs... How come you want to run one?

I'm tired of attracting attention to myself. And if anybody ever challenges me on my vehicle being illegally modified, it'd be cool to just flip a switch, close the exhaust cut-out, force it all through the DPF and say "hmm, nope, no smoke from this snap test". I'm thinking that a DPF should cover a multitude of sins, no?

Last edited:
chrysler's way of cleaning is to flush back and forth. my service light is on now so I am just deleting it.