Are these sac injectors

erendall86

I was sold these about a year ago when I trusted that the company was knowledgeable now I have them pit again and want to know if I received the sac 7x.014 that I wanted or was recommended to run. If these are not how would that effect things spool smoke so on I know you can't tell the hole specs. Or should I just change them to a 6 hole talking to farrels about that but I am planning a pump swap this winter so should I just wait. Thanks for the input

[ame="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/erendall86/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140707_213321776_zps5516614d.jpg.html"]IMG_20140707_213321776_zps5516614d.jpg Photo by erendall86 | Photobucket[/ame]

It's kinda hard to tell in those pics on my phone but those appear to be a VCO nozzle not a SAC.

[ame="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/erendall86/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140707_213226589_zps896c9da0.jpg.html"]IMG_20140707_213226589_zps896c9da0.jpg Photo by erendall86 | Photobucket[/ame]

Sac are typically a hotter nozzle. May see a difference running a thinner sealing washer.

When I reinstall what should I use for a sealing washer and what difference may I see?

When I reinstall what should I use for a sealing washer and what difference may I see?

You will change where the spay starts. You want to put the fuel right on the crest of the bowl, and so spray angle, nozzle protrusion, and timing (along with piston design) will play a role in that.

I don't know much about this subject just trying to earn and make it go as best as I can with what I have right now so thank you

Do you know your spray angle? I would guess it's probably 145deg but I'm no expert on injectors.

Assuming you're on stock pistons, I think that's still the stock spray angle for 24V's.

Using a thinner washer will push the nozzle down further, and will let you run more timing so that you shoot fuel at the piston, right on the crest, while it's still heading towards TDC.
Don't get me wrong, everything shoots before TDC, but you'll be able to advance it more and still be efficient.

If you have 155deg spray, you have to run less timing to hit the bowl correctly, or run different pistons made to accept that spray angle. A thinner washer would also help here to let you run more timing.

Once again, I am no expert on that subject, but that's how I understand it.

OK I think they are 145 but I'm limited to my comp box for timing now so I should just run it like this prolly till I pump swap at which I'll run a different injector anyways. If that makes sense to just wait

I thought I was told that a 24v with a SO piston had a spray angle of 152° and the HO piston had a 150° spray angle.