Aries Pistons questions

duramaxcummins

Chevy Cummins
Im building a 12 valve motor, got cam and everything else pretty much, but im wanting to know, at what point do you need these pistons? im wondering if i should just go ahead and put them in so i dont have to worry about anything or what? i heard that the stock cummins piston will hold up to 1200hp is this right? i come from a duramax engine so i know them things always needed built up and would still not hold up worth much. so this is why im asking because iw ant to get it done right. im lookin at 800-1000 hp twin turbo, and this motor is taking the place of a duramax engine if you catch my drift.

I dont think the Arias pistons are worth it, unless youre building a mod truck or something. IIRC they are $300 per piston.

Surely you did not buy them on your quest to 400hp. did you Dan?

okay thanks guys! that answers my question than! i didnt think i needed them cuzz thats all i seen them in and i was still wanting to street my truck. thanks!

Well not arais. I was told forged pistons would get me over the 400HP mark. Was I lied to??

okay thanks guys! that answers my question than! i didnt think i needed them cuzz thats all i seen them in and i was still wanting to street my truck. thanks!

I wouldn't use them on a street truck. You need to run looser clearances, which result in more oil contamination, and the forged pistons don't have the steel ring glands.

I wouldn't use them on a street truck. You need to run looser clearances, which result in more oil contamination, and the forged pistons don't have the steel ring glands.

I've been thinking about this.

Stock pistons should be be set up loose if your looking to go over 1000Hp...Would forged pistons last as long as say a 7 thou stocker setup?

I daily drive with huge injectors...2-3000mile oil changes go hand in hand with this sort of setup. I'm thinking about trying one of those Fitch things....

I have reliefed and tapered, -2 compression haisley pistons in my '97.. No water yet, N2O was never sprayed and the 2000* Pyro walks to the 6 'o' clock quite often. No problems so far...... and then again the pyro has never been over 1600 for no longer than 13 seconds.... :hehe:

What are you planning on doing anyways??? :what:

Back