arp head stud and a felpro hg

Cummins. I blew a FelPro Gasket, but that may have also been because I never retorqued my head bolts....

Make sure to retorque the head bolts at least a few times. Did three on mine, the last one hot to 140 lb-ft.

also around my area i can get a cummins hg for $100 and ones from a part store are like 170

Against all odds and I didn't have the extra cash at the time, when I installed my ARP studs I used a FailPro, as it was said to me at the time. I never re-torqued the studs, I have a DennyT pin, 3200gov spring, fuel pin in1/2 turn, and with my HE351CW turbo I'm running 35psi. I have yet to have a problem with it. I have well over 25,000miles on the truck after installing the gasket and I haul 600mile round trips towing a 30' Econoline trailer with a farm tractor and other equipment on the back all over New England and northern New York area. Not hills and mountains like in the western states but hill climes non the less. Just my two cents.

Against all odds and I didn't have the extra cash at the time, when I installed my ARP studs I used a FailPro, as it was said to me at the time. I never re-torqued the studs, I have a DennyT pin, 3200gov spring, fuel pin in1/2 turn, and with my HE351CW turbo I'm running 35psi. I have yet to have a problem with it. I have well over 25,000miles on the truck after installing the gasket and I haul 600mile round trips towing a 30' Econoline trailer with a farm tractor and other equipment on the back all over New England and northern New York area. Not hills and mountains like in the western states but hill climes non the less. Just my two cents.

That's just luck, plain and simple.$.02 The Cummins gasket really is better. I use the modded 12v marine .020" on mine. Whatever you do.....DO NOT USE THE COMETIC MLS! I'm sorry to say I got bit by that little venture. I didn't even get a chance to do the first retorque before it got spit out of the back of #6.:Throwup:

That's just luck, plain and simple.$.02 The Cummins gasket really is better. I use the modded 12v marine .020" on mine. Whatever you do.....DO NOT USE THE COMETIC MLS! I'm sorry to say I got bit by that little venture. I didn't even get a chance to do the first retorque before it got spit out of the back of #6.:Throwup:

Do you have any hazing with the .02" over gasket? I was told by a couple diesel shops; using the thicker gasket puts the head up along with the injectors. So with the specific angle of spray in the injectors, the thicker gasket, makes the injectors not spray perfectly into the cup in the piston and could cause hazing.

Do you have any hazing with the .02" over gasket? I was told by a couple diesel shops; using the thicker gasket puts the head up along with the injectors. So with the specific angle of spray in the injectors, the thicker gasket, makes the injectors not spray perfectly into the cup in the piston and could cause hazing.

I ended up using a .20 marine head gasket along with arp head studs. When my engine is at running temp I have no smoke at a idle. The other day I removed my throttle stop screw and went from 33 pounds of boost to 48 pounds and boy I wished I done that along time ago. I probably gained 20% more power.

I took this into account when I put the injectors in and used thinner washers.