ARP Studs and Hypermax gaskets are in!

Retorical

Never done.
I am so happy that my truck doesn't whistle from the coolent bottle everytime I step on anymore. The gaskets were blown on both sides. You could see a clear path to the coolent ports. I endend up paying for the repair at an independant shop. When he took the truck apart they found that the turbo was loose, one bolt was missing and the ehaust up pipes had been leaking. Ford had replaced the EGR cooler a few months before. Who needs warranty when this is the kind of work that they do.:doh:

Anyways, the truck runs really good now. We also put a machined plug in the EGR pipe. I have noticed cooler EGT's than before, even with the EGR turned off by the SCT.

Just out of curiosity, what was the bill on replacing the head studs. I have been quoted $2500.00. Just wanted to see if that was the going price. Thanks

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Hello,

This is my first post here at Competition Diesel. My Welcome thread is [POST="10148"]here[/POST]. Please post all my welcome message there.

Thanks,
StrokerAce

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

I've always heard and seen about a grand for labor and 5 bills for the studs.

I just blew both of my head gaskets and the delaer wrrenty them and I paid them $240 for extra labor. I also tipped the machanic $100 on the side

Well I towed my 27' enclosed car tralier about 400 miles today. Truck ran perfect and got 10.4 Mpg. I couldn't be happier.:woohoo:

Back