At a loss...

Foster

Ethel
My 1998.5 Dodge Cummins has been dying for sometime now. It starts cutting out then shuts off. While it is cutting out, the oil pressure bounces around. Sounds like it runs out of fuel so I thought it was the lift pump going out, so i bought a raptor 150. Continued to die. Then i thought maybe i was flooding it with the 150gph so i bought and installed a stock lift pump. I just replaced my VP44 pump last summer. My chips are off. Just a stock truck dying. Any Ideas...???

Put the raptor 150 back on. Your truck is only going to burn the fuel it needs and the rest will get returned to the tank.

Dealing with the same thing right now, check your pump wiring harness.

I had three codes. p1693 p0237 p0216. I know one of the codes is injection pump failure, but my friend is a mechanic and says it might be there because of us bleeding the lines and trying to get it started.

0216 won't happen from bleeding lines. Sounds like your pump is dying.

starts to die, then cuts off, and has a vp44 death code. not to be smart here but here's your sign...... had to do that sry!!!
most likey the brain in the vp44 is toast. it wont be the first or the last time that has happend. good luck, hope that is the only problem.

wes

you can buy the best VP on the market but if you starve it for fuel, its going to die. If your stock lift pump was on the blink before your rapture, the pump damage was already done.

Lavon