ATS 48RE and UDP

pwerwagn

STFU!
So Ive installed a decent number of Goerend and DTT transmissions over the past few years, and a buddy of mine recently had his 48re take a dump. Naturally, we talked about going Goerend. He has a twin turbo nova he is building and didn't want to dump a ton of money into his trans, so when I told him how much Goerends normally run, he kinda cringed. So I decided to research some other avenues. We discussed doing a builder kit and putting it together ourselves, and some other routes. I was talking to Newly at Underground Diesel Performance here in NM about builder kits, and he mentioned a stage 1 ATS. I was a little reluctant about ATS from all the recent comments I had read from multiple people, but this particular truck is simply a commuter with a smarty. Never tows, never races, etc. So we figured we would give it a shot.

I will say...he beat the heck out of any other trans price aside from doing a local job, or doing it ourselves like we had talked.

I installed the ATS trans with stock shafts, and a Billet ATS triple disk in his truck. Newlys price was excellent. This ATS shifts very nice, the convertor stall is nice (the last Goerend Dave sent me had a terribly tight convertor in it, even though I mentioned the truck was going to be at 6K+ feet altitude all the time and have a non stock single on it), and everything went as to be expected.

Also, as usual...the service from Newly was top notch. Perfect, as he has always been with me. We got the trans quick, shipping was cheap, etc. About the only thing I can say is Goerends shipping crates are far nicer (and paid off once, had one in the back of the truck and got into an accident and the trans ended up on the pavement). But the ATS trans arrived in perfect condition, as did the box it was in.

All in all, I have to say we are very happy with it. And it was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the last goerend I did, especially the up front out of pocket expense of core's and shipping and stuff. Literally, it was nearly half the out of pocket cost up front.

So far the truck has been on a few road trips, and has a few thousand miles on it. No problems, no complaints (other than the purple color haha). The mileage has gone up (old trans was toast, slipping like crazy) as well.

Just wanted to give some props to an awesome vendor, and let people who want to do a trans on the cheap to look at the Stage 1 ATS option and Underground Diesel. I was shocked at the price difference, to say the least.

--Jeff

I hope we will never have to see, but the 5yr/500K mile warranty is nice as well.

A few people here in NM have ATS parts and have had great warranty luck, but maybe its because we are close to them.

REALLY can't complain about my ATS S4. Putting out over 650whp/1350wtq to the ground for quite some time now (over a year), and it has held up to some pretty serious abuse. Trans has been in the truck for around 3 years/30,000+ miles at this point.

Prior to the motor build and bigger turbo(s) it was holding around 500whp/1100wtq.

Awesome! I hope this one lasts for him. He is only running a smarty, and hopes it lasts 200K more miles.

Good luck been there with them i hope you have better luck and the warranty isnt worth the paper it is wrote from what Ive seen have a good day