August Blackout 2009-Thanks Everbody! - Drever Family Racing

Mike D.

Battle Ram
The 2009 August Blackout was the biggest and baddest yet...tons of trucks showed up for the drags and the sled pulling...lots of vendors and of course the stands were full of fans and spectators - it was an awesome showing!

Our racing weekend started with a 10.4 qualifying pass on fuel with the new motor (original motor was tired after 5 years of beating the hell out of it). Next pass was a 9.78@142.xx with 1 shot of spray. The last pass I wanted to really hang it out there, truck got really greasy and had to get out of it at the 200 foot mark,but I got on it again and she still went 9.93@143! Looked in my rear view mirror and noticed that I was on fire, think that i may have had an injector go sideways and dump raw fuel that ignited out my stack. Fire extinguished itself and much to my wife's happiness, the truck and myself are still in one piece, lol!! I will know the specifics when we tear into it this week.

A BIG "THANK-YOU!" as always to Barry and Matt with NADP for their continued genius and dedication to my truck and at times...my high expectations for this truck. We're grateful that after 6 years you guys are still as excited as we are to see where this journey takes us! THANK YOU!! Also all the staff at NADP for pulling off the BIGGEST and BADDEST diesel event ever.

Special thanks to Kyle, Lisa, and Devon for pulling together an awesome sled pulling event, this had to be the largest number of entries to date. With the cold, rainy,****ty weather it was nice to see the stands full.... bunch of crazy die-hards! lol! Charr had a blast, finished 3rd -(317ft) and she said it was all about having fun - which she did!!!

Anybody, the first timer or the every weekend drag racer CAN and SHOULD come out and support the August Blackout, the biggest diesel event in North America. Drag racer or sled puller-YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!! NADP and all the other sponsors really stepped up for prize money and to help this event grow, and we can't forget it's for a great cause: Make-a-Wish-Foundation. Not to mention all the other racers and great people we just met, and all the great folks that we were able to see again. From all the Drever Family Racing we'd like to thank everyone for there continued support of our team and the August Blackout. We'll see some of you at Boise-and hopefully alot of you again at the August Blackout next year.

DFR

Congrats Mike on the good times! Its nice to see that bad boy go. And a thanks to the NADP crew for a great job again!

It was a great event. Next year will be bigger and badder Thanks to NADP and the NHRDA for a great weekend.

Hey Mike it was cool to see you and Charr again, look forward to seeing the both of you in Boise. :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Unless I missed it, I didn't see much in the sled pulling forum about the sled pulls, anybody have results or know how they went?

BBD

Unless I missed it, I didn't see much in the sled pulling forum about the sled pulls, anybody have results or know how they went?

BBD

there was alot of trucks but the sled broke a u joint and that took about an hour or so and then the super moded trucks hooked and pulled the top 3 pulled over 300ft, then the last truck pulled 387ft and broke the chain and that was that for sled pulling , but I had lots of fun pulling even if I only got one pull, in witch my foot sliped of the clutch at about 10ft and that got her jumping but still pulled 268ft. I wish I could have made more pulls, but hey I got to run the 1/4 mile so that made up for it and I'll be back next year the 10hr drive is nothing when you have that much fun , a big thanks for those you put the blackout on. thanks agian shane :Cheer:

Congrats on the times and the pull, it was great watching Charr whoop up on so many of the guys with her "grocery getter"!

I am still amazed at how big this event is. Even with the threat of rain, it was even bigger than last year!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back