Aurora 5000 comp cover pic or mwe groove measurement

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
Does anybody have one laying around that could take a pic or know how big the mwe groove is ? Im going to start cutting on a k31 comp cover to reduce surge. Pm me if you don't want to post the measurements. Thanks - mike

The Aurora 5000s we have had in were purple K31s with a different billet wheel in them and nothing more.

The Aurora 5000 I had had a borg warner Oem billet wheel and part number.

These had a KTS part number but were of the exact same design. Map groove was standard and everything else, though.

These had a KTS part number but were of the exact same design. Map groove was standard and everything else, though.

Maybe different supplier or manufacture for Borg or ATS in different locations when compressor wheels were not in stock? I know there is a couple different casting facilities here in Michigan that cast parts for borg warner and multiple turbo manufacturers especially compressor housings.

I played with the afc some more after I posted this morning. The stiffer afc spring turbo2387 mailed to me has helped a ton with surge. Manually holding the gears longer seems to make a big difference also.

So does anybody have a max recommended width for opening up the mwe groove? Just in case I do take it over to my neighbors shop with a lathe.

Back