Aurora 5000

Bad-Duvall

MOST HATED
Is anyone running a 5000 on there 3rd gin?

i am looking into turbos and want to know if this one will be good for sled pulling and how it will act on the street

Tell me the pros and cons

Thanks
Benn

Never seen one on a Signature!!!

Diesel Power mag has a few articles in the past....they installed one on a 3rd gen. with the TST box and MP8....Did a tranny upgrade.....they said it towed well and had lower EGT's (max 1450) Made 500+ Hp/ 1000+ TQ with 37" tires

I think there are better options, but I'm still learning here too....

$.02

We got an A3000 down the road and the guy has this 06 built to the GUILD and it performs like CRAP on the street and really didnt impress anyone with a 500'ISH dyno run ....

Dual MOD. CP3s, 90hp injectors, Big line fuel set up, bla bla bla ... and so on and so on ....

We are going to try the SMARTY on it and see if it helps ... All this truck does is SMOKE LIKE MAD Right now .... We are thinking a PROGRAMING Error is causing it but only time and other Programming will tell ...

KillerQuad said:
We got an A3000 down the road and the guy has this 06 built to the GUILD and it performs like CRAP on the street and really didnt impress anyone with a 500'ISH dyno run ....

Dual MOD. CP3s, 90hp injectors, Big line fuel set up, bla bla bla ... and so on and so on ....

We are going to try the SMARTY on it and see if it helps ... All this truck does is SMOKE LIKE MAD Right now .... We are thinking a PROGRAMING Error is causing it but only time and other Programming will tell ...
There is something seriously wrong with that truck if its "only" making 500 and something HP. I've seen an 06 with just a Smarty do 430HP And an 04.5 make 500+ with stock injectors and turbo...Its not built to the "GUILD" at 500 HP:hehe: But back to the thread, I'm sure there are alot better options out there for your truck ben than an A5K. What class you want to run? I'd say a 66mm turbo from II or HTT would be what you want...$.02

JFlagg said:
There is something seriously wrong with that truck if its "only" making 500 and something HP. I've seen an 06 with just a Smarty do 430HP And an 04.5 make 500+ with stock injectors and turbo...Its not built to the "GUILD" at 500 HP:hehe: But back to the thread, I'm sure there are alot better options out there for your truck ben than an A5K. What class you want to run? I'd say a 66mm turbo from II or HTT would be what you want...$.02

Thats why we are going to toss my Smarty on it and see how it does ... and pull the 3 stacked items off of it ....

and i also agree with the statment, there are better turbo choices out there from what i have seen just hanging around the ATS Butt kissing crowd ....

the 66 or even a 70 may be a great choice ... but the 66 would be the streetable one ...

Welp i want to run the 2.8 class at indy and im not really to consernd about the streetablity of it becaus this summer i plan on doing way more pulling than driving. All i want is a Fat a** turbo so i dont run into limitations down the road i want to do it right the 1st time

The've made pretty good power with them, their compressors are huge, driveability isn't to bad from what i've heard with the CR cause they lite chargers so well, might wanna think about an external gate to run with it cause their exhaust sides aren't too big and their not wastegate.

I had just put one on my 03, and so far it has been great pulls hard I can get 60psi out of it cleans up pretty good but I do have some nozzles coming. street it fine there is not much lag, alittle but that should be expected with the size of it down the highway it runs good with about 5psi at 70mph you can turn down your programmers and should do good on fuel as well. Have not pulled with it yet other than a trailer with an 1941 case on it so not much to compare to. I have a low stall so mine would run different than yours with a stick.

WUnderwood said:
there are also different exhaust housings available for the A5K

So what option do you have with the A5K? so I could go with a bigger exhust?

Attachments

• ats5vs1.jpg
    ats5vs1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
  • ats5vs2.jpg
    ats5vs2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
If that guy had that crazy build up with the A3000 then he must really be umm....special

The A3000 is non wastegated. It would spin and blow up not to mention being inefficient outside of 450-500 rwhp max with crazy EGT's not to mention insane backpressure problems. If he has the money for the dual modded CP3's then he need to get a nice custom compound turbo set.

BTW I used to have the A3000 but got rid of it because it runs out of up up top