Auto lock?

she_strokes04

Diesel TV Host
With in 4 hours of owning my TDI, it automatically locked itself with the key in the ignition and not running, though does not lock if the key is out of ignition or is running. What gives??:banghead:

Oh its an 06

With in 4 hours of owning my TDI, it automatically locked itself with the key in the ignition and not running, though does not lock if the key is out of ignition or is running. What gives??:banghead:

Oh its an 06

Find someone with a VCDS/ VAGcom, you can program the locks to do about anything. Go to TDIClub Forums I think there is a VAG locater there so you can find someone in your area that has one.

I usually recommend you just buy one (you'll need it).

Ross-Tech: Home

Seriously it's a really great tool to have.

Cool that you got a TDI! Too bad I'm not closer, I have VCDS. I'll probably be passing through your area on the way to a race in a couple of weeks, if you haven't fixed it by then I can probably do it at that point. Just PM me your info and remind me to throw the cable in the truck!

The 06's use a different cable than the 95-03's, a cable for the 06 will work back down the chain though. IIRC you need the HEX+CAN cable for the 06's.

I'm just kinda dealing with it. Getting used to remembering to take the key in with me at night. The other thing I'm kind of concerned with is twice now, I've been at an idle, once in park while I was letting her warm up and once in line at starbux in "D" and it starts this horrible screech. Matt seems to think its the AC. Anyone ever heard this?

possible belt slippage, either A/C belt or alternator belt? years ago we had a loose alternator mount that resulted in terrible belt squeal as rpm came up. A/C kicks in momentary high belt load=sqealage. same thing high electrical load

possible belt slippage, either A/C belt or alternator belt? years ago we had a loose alternator mount that resulted in terrible belt squeal as rpm came up. A/C kicks in momentary high belt load=sqealage. same thing high electrical load

We decided it's the alternator pulley. I have a new one, just dont have the tool to fix it. Also tried to change the rear brakes and Matt didn't have the right socket. We're starting to hate this car...

I cannot stress this enough, research even the minor jobs. Yes, it's a pain, but not as much as finding out that you need a 15MM 12 point to remove something and all you have are 6pt sockets. VW does things a bit different than we are used to seeing here.

Maybe the problem is Matt and not the car? These arent diesel trucks, you need very specific tools and prob a FSM to get the job done right the first time.

Sucks being halfway through a job jsut to realize you dont have a tool and got to put it all back together for no reason.

Auto lock is an anti car jack feature. Once teh speed sensor sees you moving it locks the doors.

if you lived in LA you would appreciate that feature.