Auto size photos

Dr Smoke

You would think with all the technology now a days these forums would auto size peoples photos for avatars etc etc what a pain in the ass

When I add photos to my websight it automatically adjusts them.

one day I will poke myself in the eye with my pen trying to shrink phots enough for this forum!

You have a tough life. There isn't an Auto Size available for Avatars.

You have a tough life. There isn't an Auto Size available for Avatars.

There is in photobucket, but this site, for some reason reads them as an invalid file. I've tried all the options in the pull down menu under the pics in photobucket.

How to resize your photo for you avatar

I have tried several ways to resize pictures for my avatar and this is the best way I have found.

Go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Scroll down and click Browse
1.png

1- Select the picture you want resized
2-click Open
2.png

1-click Custom
2-change the number to 180
3-click Better (clicking Best usually makes the image to large)
4-click Resize
3.png

1-Make sure this number is 7 or below
2-click Download this picture now
4.png

1-click Save file
2-click OK
5.png

the image will now be placed where your browser sends downloaded material (usually the desktop unless you have selected a different folder). Now use that image to upload for your avatar.
6.png

I have been trying for a couple months on and off now trying to get a new pic for my Avitar and nothing works. James, I followed your directions to the "T" and nothing. I get the message, "Your file of 36.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 7.8 KB for this filetype."

FTW?

I have been trying for a couple months on and off now trying to get a new pic for my Avitar and nothing works. James, I followed your directions to the "T" and nothing. I get the message, "Your file of 36.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 7.8 KB for this filetype."

FTW?

Do you have it uploaded to photobucket or any site like that? Or you could send me the picture jaswright2003@gmail.com

I just recently figured out how to do it with my Windows pic/fax viewer....

I'm not a computer guy by any means but Its a sinch to do and I actually figured it out for myself.... You have NO idea how proud of myself I am!!!! LOL

Hense my new avatar!!! :)

I just recently figured out how to do it with my Windows pic/fax viewer....

I'm not a computer guy by any means but Its a sinch to do and I actually figured it out for myself.... You have NO idea how proud of myself I am!!!! LOL

Hense my new avatar!!! :)

Did you do anything different in the settings than what you instructed earlier?

Thanks man!

Well damn. Guess I could have tried a different computer.... Thanks though.

Current Attachments (27.7 KB)

do you think you could do anything with this. ive tryed and tryed different things and it keeps saying it over the file limit.

Attachments

27.7 KB · Views: 0
Current Attachments (27.7 KB)

do you think you could do anything with this. ive tryed and tryed different things and it keeps saying it over the file limit.

Do you have the image in the original size? So I can get better quality.

This one will work. right click and Save Image As
phpjbFrp9PM.jpg

Well I'm done, I tried resizing my pics on my computer and also compressing them so that the kb's are lower than 7.8 and no dice whatsoever. I've tried photobucket and that shrinkpictures.com as well......none of this chit is working.

Anybody feel like working some magic?

GEDC0211-1-1.jpg