Auto to manual conversion help!!!

DevilDogDiesel

I just did an auto to manual conversion. When I went to fire it up... NOTHING. It acts like when you have a manual and try to start the truck without pressing in the clutch. I have checked everything I can think of. For starters I had the neutral saftey switch plugged in and also tried the factory jumper. I also put on a new starter. I have checked starter relay and its good. Engine fuse is good also. However I am not getting power down to the starter, I put a test light on the small post on the starter and tried to start it and I am not getting power. I have looked over the wireing diagram and I noticed the auto has a nuetral saftey switch, but im not sure where it is or if I need to ground it out. I REALLY need to get my truck running so any and all help will be much appreciated!

Did you use the manual wire harness, or the auto? The neutral switch on the auto is on the side transmission just below the shift lever.

Here is a little more info, I would leave the jumper wire and ground the center wire in the plug. Cut and pasted from all data.

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH
The center terminal of the park/neutral position switch is the starter-circuit terminal. It provides the ground for the starter solenoid circuit through the selector lever in PARK and NEUTRAL positions only. The outer terminals on the switch are for the backup lamp circuit.

I appreciate the help buddy! I got her figured out! I left the master clyinder plug plugged in and grounded the black/white wire and she started right up. I dont even have a trans temp light on. I just need to get a pigtail so I can hook up the reverse lights now!