Auto to manual swap in a 08

ramtough01

Have a friend that wants to swap out the auto in his 08 dodge to the manaul. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what would all be involed. If it was me i just buy a new truck being its that new but cant tell him that lol

I've got an NV5600 ready to bolt in for him. He would need a smarty or H&S programmer to re-flash the truck as a manual and the rest would be mostly bolt in. I'm in Florida, where's your friend?

From wisconsin but think he has a tranny found. I take it that its not to hard to swap out?

he'll need a complete clutch setup, he'll need to make sure the engine plate is the correct depth so all parts line up, he may or may not need a starter spacer. the transmission may or may not line up to the existing crossmember (i had to do some serious fab work to mine) and both driveshaft lenghts changed. you'll also need a smarty or H&S and some know-how to make the programming side of the truck happy without the automatic there.

Check out the Cumminsforum under 6.7 tech. A member over there just did it and has an outline of most of it.

Im looking to do the swap as well... do you still have the nv5600?

2008 Ram 2500 6.7 deleted, S&B CAI, 5" TBE, Smarty S67me