Auto to Manual Trans keeping ESOF T case??

brianjbeach85

Got a 5R110 torqueshift hooked up to the ESOF transfer case ford has in the Superduty's. question is this.. WHAT do i need to do to the T case (input wise) to make it work with a NV4500 or 5600 transmission?

I'm doing a cummins swap and would like to go manual tranny, but retain my Shift of fly 4x4.. anyone know? or point me in direction to get an answer?

nv4500

Ended up buying a NV4500 with bellhousing.. comes with shifter and upgraded cast iron tail piece. Question..

Motor has no adapter plate on the back of it... what adapter do i need? motor is a 96 12v (auto setup 180hp pump)

Tranny i think is newer? 01? has "square top" i was told.. so can anyone tell me if that would bolt up to a 89-98 adapter? or do i need to find a 98-02 adapter plate?

Side note.. found out my electronic Shifted T case is originally a 34 spline input.. if i source a 29 spline input i would have to pay a shop to open up the T case and swap it in right?

Only thing I can tell you is that 94-02 all use the same engine adapter, auto and manual.

Solution to the problem... Chrysler uses the NV273/271 T case as well but input shaft is different than fords.. so ANYONE looking to retain the NV271/273 that ford uses can buy

Chrysler Part number 5086311AA

once you have that take ur T case and input gear to a Shop have em swap it out and Bam you retain your factory'ish T case... In my case.. you retain the Shift on fly ability.

Good chance still have to get driveshafts adjusted, but thats a different story

Why wouldn't a Dodge 273 work? Its electronic shift on the fly as well.

think the crysler part number is whats in the dodge 273... chrysler did buy out dodge in what year? i forget the specifics.. glad i got one though. only had 2 in stock in chrysler database nationwide. i'll let u know when it mats up to nv4500 and how it went

Back