Auto Trans. Build ?'s

I wanted to know people's opinions of building the trans. up.

What trans. company would y'all go with??...Something to hold 500+ hp, strong enough to pull/race yet good enough for every day cruising.

I've looked into HTS, ATS, not so much any others, I've heard of Goerend, don't know much about them. Suncoast is out there too...I don't want to spend a fortune (I know I will), but at the same time, I want it to be reliable...I don't know how reliable or costly it would be to just start building my current stock trans, with vb, tc, billet shafts, clutches, etc. etc.

I looked at ATS and stage V w/ all the options was over $6800-7000

I will prolly make a lot more calls to different places once I get some more funds and a little more serious. Just wanted to know what you got and your opinions on 'em.

There are several good builders out today. Spending the $$ doesn't mean you'll get what you want. I would find the dealers close to you and choose from them. If there is a SunCoast dealer near by.... that would be my #1 choice. Also, I wouldn't mix & match parts if you're looking for full warranty coverage. Having a Y parts all over and blowing it with brand X pump = no warranty on Y parts.

georend brothers ! call them if you get a machine leave a number they will call back ! VERY HELPFUL , THEY KNOW THIER $!HT AND THEY STAND BEHIND THIER PRODUCT

Last edited:
I use ATS and love it. I would do it just once cause other than the vavle body you have to drop the tranny. which means more money wasted. I would find an ATS dealer they cost less the going directly through ATS. What state you in? See if someone can find you someone they trust and doen buissness with.

Holysmoke said:
I use ATS and love it. I would do it just once cause other than the vavle body you have to drop the tranny. which means more money wasted. I would find an ATS dealer they cost less the going directly through ATS. What state you in? See if someone can find you someone they trust and doen buissness with.

There is an ATS dealer just 20 min. from my home in Illinois...NO LIMIT Diesel Performance. I talked to them and they def. knew their stuff. I didnt get a complete price, cause I'll be waiting til I'm done with school out here in Wyoming. But for ATS, I would prolly go through them.

I'm currently running a dunrite converter & valve body with a few internal mods for improved lubrication, but nothing super special. I did all the work myself and the converter has a 5 year unlimited warrenty as long as I stay below 450hp which is no problem as now I'm at maybe 225 :(

glad you made it out here safe, as soon as I make it through the next couple weeks of training we'll have to get together and I'll show you some good palces to have fun and others to get in trouble :)

George

gstanfield said:
I'm currently running a dunrite converter & valve body with a few internal mods for improved lubrication, but nothing super special. I did all the work myself and the converter has a 5 year unlimited warrenty as long as I stay below 450hp which is no problem as now I'm at maybe 225 :(

glad you made it out here safe, as soon as I make it through the next couple weeks of training we'll have to get together and I'll show you some good palces to have fun and others to get in trouble :)

George

yeah, I'm def. wanting to exceed 450 eventually, but the 5 yr. warranty ain't too bad...I'm prolly in the same boat of 225 or less currently. I def. want the trans. to be solid, so I can get full use of it.

I did indeed make it out here! you'll def. have to show me some stuff 'round here soon, not sure if you're into truck pulls, but I posted a thread a couple days ago, and I guess theres some out in Ft. Collins, Greely, and Ft. Morgan...no idea when, but sounds interesting. I did make it up to the mountains west of Laramie, can't remember the name, but it was pretty cool...took a back road that cut through the mountains, really sweet.

Lots of cool backroads in WY. My schedule can be crazy at times since I work full time as well as teach motorcycle classes for WYDOT on the side, but as time allows I'm in for some fun, drag racing and sled pulls are on the list for sure.

George

Ya, motorcycle classes, sweet deal! but I'm in the same boat with crazy schedule, esp. class every day. but if you know of any times or dates of events like that, let me know, Have to hit up a few at least not too far away, for the weekends or something.

http://www.htstransmissions.com/
check them out they are holding back the fastest known 3rd gen running on diesel only and it is 800+HP the videos are on the site. I would recommend anyone to HTS for any trans upgrade questions.

Chris

Last edited: