Auto Trans removal Q's

sstockton

Hey guys, I'm pulling my trans cause the new one should be in on friday. Anyways, How do I access the torque converter to flexplate bolts? I removed the small tin access cover at the bottom of the bell housing but there is no way that I can reach the bolts from here. Is there something else that I'm missing, a different access cover perhaps. It doesn't look like it, but you never know. Neither of my manuals tell me anything more descriptive than remove torque converter access cover and remove all 4 bolts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

There is another cover you have to take off. It is on the bellhousing adapter. It is on the right, front of the adapter. If you look in the direction of the trans oil to water cooler you should be able to see it. And there are 6 torque converter bolts.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I went back out and looked around a bit more and eventually found that, which made things much easier. It didn't end up being that hard. Both of my manuals however didn't say anything about that.
Sean