Auto trans with a P Pump

xmastree

I have a 1999 cummins that i am looking to put a p pump on it! I have a full billet 47re race tranny in it and would REALLY like to keep that functionality in the truck for race purposes. How hard is it to set up the tv cables with the 12 v throttle cables? Is it really as easy as finding an auto pump and just making the connections or is there more to it? Thanks in advance for all the info! This is my first p pump conversion.

I have a 1999 cummins that i am looking to put a p pump on it! I have a full billet 47re race tranny in it and would REALLY like to keep that functionality in the truck for race purposes. How hard is it to set up the tv cables with the 12 v throttle cables? Is it really as easy as finding an auto pump and just making the connections or is there more to it? Thanks in advance for all the info! This is my first p pump conversion.

Just use a 12v tv cable and it's all set, no other modification.

OR modify your 24v APPS bracket and remove the big aluminum housing and grind on a few areas so it will clear, and tig weld a new ball on the linkage for the p pump linkage. I also used like 2" spacers to keep the bracket away from the pump to clear some room for the APPS sensor in between the pump and bracket.

OR modify your 24v APPS bracket and remove the big aluminum housing and grind on a few areas so it will clear, and tig weld a new ball on the linkage for the p pump linkage. I also used like 2" spacers to keep the bracket away from the pump to clear some room for the APPS sensor in between the pump and bracket.

This is how I did mine......worked well.

I just used a 12v cable and wired in a 12v tps works fine

Thanks guys. Me and Xmastree were looking at things tonight and I still have the tps on the pump in my truck and I don't need it so we are going to swap it onto the pump he gets

Not forgetting to put on a TPS is the importatnt part.

Please dont ask how I know. LOL

And rigging in the APPS isn't quite the same. I still need to find a TPS. :(