Axle hub seal?

i would think you just pull the axle out out a seal in it and install it again. when i did some diff. work i didnt need anything special.

Well, I know you need a tool on ford superdutys to tighten the racheting style nut, which secures the hub.
Just trying to get a head start on this one. Never done a Dodge.

No special tools but you will need a 2 9/16" socket for the hub nut. There is also a yellow clip that pushes into the nylon portion of the lock nut to keep it from backing off, that needs to be pulled out before the nut can be removed. Remove the hub and bearings, carefully pry the old seal out and press in the new one, no special tools necassary. Just did one on my truck and one on my wife's 02' not that long ago it was pretty straight forward.

TooLoud said:
No special tools but you will need a 2 9/16" socket for the hub nut. There is also a yellow clip that pushes into the nylon portion of the lock nut to keep it from backing off, that needs to be pulled out before the nut can be removed. Remove the hub and bearings, carefully pry the old seal out and press in the new one, no special tools necassary. Just did one on my truck and one on my wife's 02' not that long ago it was pretty straight forward.
:Cheer: