axle identification?

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
does my rear axle have 35 or 37 spline shafts? does anyone know how to tell without pullin the shafts? the ratio is 3.54 with open diff

i broke the spider gears, ring gear is chipped, and the exciter ring is all bent what all do i need to buy to get this thing back right or better.

i am on a tight budget right now, any help is greatly appreciated

also i believe it is a dana 80

its a manual tranny so its a dana 80 (just for future reference)

its 35 spline, all dodges use 35, ford 80's used 37 spline

go to ebay, this guy sells complete ready to install dana 80 carriers with track-loks in them for $350 thats where i got mine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dana...150809565QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250150809565

you can get a new Ring and pinion, and complete bearing/set-up kit from www.ring-pinion.com

and the exciter ring you stated, you mean the tone ring with teeth that presses onto the carrier for the speedometer reading? prolly have to get that from the dealer since its a dodge only part.

ok, so i need a carrier, a ring and pinion set, exciter ring, what else?

the exciter ring is the ring that goes around the ring gear and is slightly bigger and looks like a large sprocket

Tone ring/wheel, it's picked up by the speed sensor mounted in the top of the rear pumpkin and used for minor stuff like the speedometer etc LOL

Dodge dealer or a junkyard would be my guess, for the rest either the sites TJ listed or www.quad4x4.com

yeah i took the carrier out today and the ring gear has two small chips on the outside and the pinion gear has one on the outside. should i change them? i think ill change the bearings at least with the locker but should i change the ring and pinion? remember i am on a tight budget