Axles

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
If anyone is upgrading this winter im looking for a set of 35/37 spline axles and drive plates for a SRW/CC D80. SCS is preferred

Why SCS? Just broke a 37 spline with 10 hooks on it the other was ready to go, srw 2.5 truck , not impressed . Ive had second hand twisted ones last twice as long.

Making my own this winter so if you want some like new SCS drive plates I have a set

Why SCS? Just broke a 37 spline with 10 hooks on it the other was ready to go, srw 2.5 truck , not impressed . Ive had second hand twisted ones last twice as long.

Making my own this winter so if you want some like new SCS drive plates I have a set

x2!!!!

300m is 300m regardless of who puts the splines on the ends. Seems the scs hold up better from the people I've talked to. If a axle twist and doesn't break then chances are it will never break. That came right from several axles makers

Last edited:
300m is 300m regardless of who puts the splines on the ends. Seems the scs hold up better from the people I've talked to. If a axle twist and doesn't break then chances are it will never break. That came right from several axles makers

the problem is some folks throw around the term 300m, and i am sure the quality varies from manufacturers. I had a set of early ctm 35 ctm, purchased in 2007, sold them and the guy still runs them.

the problem is some folks throw around the term 300m, and i am sure the quality varies from manufacturers. I had a set of early ctm 35 ctm, purchased in 2007, sold them and the guy still runs them.

Your probably correct. But I wouldn't think somebody like SCS would skimp on quality. With as many sets of them that are out there your bound to have a few failures. Just facts. I see a awful lot of gold scs drive plates on 2.6 trucks. So if your not going to run scs stuff what's better????? And Don't say some junk like yukon because most of that stuff breaks where OEM holds up

Your probably correct. But I wouldn't think somebody like SCS would skimp on quality. With as many sets of them that are out there your bound to have a few failures. Just facts. I see a awful lot of gold scs drive plates on 2.6 trucks. So if your not going to run scs stuff what's better????? And Don't say some junk like yukon because most of that stuff breaks where OEM holds up

Branik, CTM, Liberty.

Over seen brannik axles break too. Craig sage builds some damn good stuff. My opinion is its not the material or the maker but the length and stress that our duals put on them. I can show you some shaft that SCS made that hold 8k hp and ther are not as big as our axle shafts. Louisville farm show is full of SCS parts that hold up. That and the fact that nowadays people are putting faster and faster gears in there truck bring the rpm down to the max torque range is playing hell on parts. Put slower gears in and I bet breakage would decrease also. Run the motors higher.

Everything will break under the wrong conditions. I'm just looking for a used set of 35 or 37 for my budget 2.6 truck

Wasn't trying to hyjack but the SCS d80 has a severe machining flaw , I will post pictures later to show . I will be building shafts this winter and will have my spares to sell.

Check on a set of Branik axles, they are generally quite a bit cheaper than others and MANY people I have spoke to have had VERY good results with them.

I have scs drive plates that came off my 35spline axles and have one scs 35 spline cut for a dually rear end

l]
IMG_20141018_094805_873.jpg

Here is a broken on LH side and one ready to break on right . Notice the right on has a twist on the shoulder. The huge design flaw is the hole drilled in the outer end of the shaft down to the shoulder then stops creating a very weak spot , no hole or drilled all the way through would be better. One with machining knowledge would know this , when I purchased these I asked about the threaded hole and was told it was fine I wouldn't brake them, so ether they don't know or don't care just want to sell parts

IMG_20141018_094721_528.jpg

Last edited:

This is typically what I usually see. I usually run the axles once, then pull them out and scribe a line down them. When ever I scribe the line from new, I always see a small amount of twist, and usually, they don't go any further. I'll have to see if I have any axles laying around that were severally twist 180* plus, theyre pretty cool looking haha.

I was running a set of 37 spline axles purchased through Haisley Machine, but I believe we're manufactured by ctm. The also had the hole drilled on the outer part of the axle but that didn't seem to be an issue. I broke the left axle clean off in the spool and pulled the right axle to check and it was twisted about a spline. I called to see if we could just buy new shafts and they said they had switched manufactures and would have to buy a whole new set with drive plates. So saved the drive plates and one axle for a spare and bought a new set from Branik Motorsports.

I was running a set of 37 spline axles purchased through Haisley Machine, but I believe we're manufactured by ctm. The also had the hole drilled on the outer part of the axle but that didn't seem to be an issue. I broke the left axle clean off in the spool and pulled the right axle to check and it was twisted about a spline. I called to see if we could just buy new shafts and they said they had switched manufactures and would have to buy a whole new set with drive plates. So saved the drive plates and one axle for a spare and bought a new set from Branik Motorsports.

The Branik axles are good stuff. I have them in my Chevy and will really be putting them to the test whenever we finish the truck and desert race it!!!!