Back from dealer, have questions

sbb888

Good morning all, I took my 05 with 86k to the dealer for rough idle and would barely run until completly warmed up. The ficm was replaced and 3 injectors. Went that night to pick it up, they were just finishing it up but after letting it run it blew another injector. They said would be ready next morning. Well the next morning after putting in the injector and letting it run, another injector went south. So now 5 of the 8 have been replaced. I feel like I am playing Russian Roulette with the other 3 but they will not replace. After picking up truck, went to start and it cranks at least twice as long as it used to before it fires. It cranks fast and when it fires it starts right up and after it is warm it runs good. Is there any reason it takes so long to fire that could be associated with the previous problem?
thanks
Bob

There could still be some air in the high pressure oil system causing the long crank times. If that's it...it'll work itself out after a hundred miles or so of driving. If it doesn't get better...I'd take it back because it could also be a leak in the same system.

If it still runs bad untill it warms up....you still have an injector issue.

Thanks for the info, when it started it sounded and ran much better. I could feel just a slight miss under load but it was snowing and cold here yesterday. When up to temp all was good. In all fairness the miss could barely be felt and the truck was not completely warm. I will keep an eye on the starting.
Thanks,Bob

Back