back in the game! have some 6.0?'s

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
hey gents, been out of the game as far as power strokes go for a few years now and need a few fingers pointed in the right direction if you dont mind.

small project= 06' 6.0 needs some love,

gonna start with gauges and tunes first of course and i was wondering who had the best deal on a triple pod pillar set up and who was the leader in most reliable/ most powerful tunes now a days.

i used to buy my gauges @ dieselmanor.com and i see there set up is now 360.00 shipped. anyone else out there have any deals going on right now?

as far as tuning goes i always used eric's SCT tunes. but since then i see the excal III is out now. is the excal II obsolete now or what is there to offer for the 6.0?

this truck will just be a city cruiser and more of a small town hot rod if you will.

TIA for the advice gents,

-marcus

start intake, sct exhaust, later on look at doing head studs, egr cooler delete,

x2 on the headstuds

trust this guy...he has around 24k in warranty work receipts from the ford dealer. he has a sick tune on a diablo sport he may still have for sale pm him

oh an he traded it for a cummins

get rid of the egr cooler it is the main reason for head gasket failure and innovative still has some of the best tunes. there is also elite engineering ,gogodiesel and gearhead those are the best tuners out there.

ficm tuning is also a new thing for 6.0 but im not sure what the benefits are.

get rid of the egr cooler it is the main reason for head gasket failure

ficm tuning is also a new thing for 6.0 but im not sure what the benefits are.

i was wondering what the FICM was, i saw that on innovative's website. looks like a module. i wonder what the differences are in real world.

and what does the EGR delete consist of and is it pricey?

start intake, sct exhaust, later on look at doing head studs, egr cooler delete,

nothing wrong with the factory Donaldson intake, it might not flow the best, but it is good filtration for stock.

the truck will not see heavy towing or extended boost so i will be holding off on studs for now.

trust this guy...he has around 24k in warranty work receipts from the ford dealer. he has a sick tune on a diablo sport he may still have for sale pm him

oh an he traded it for a cummins

LOL, same story here.... where do u think my screen name came from way back in the day...

lets just say this is my baby now!.
silver.jpg

I think the key phrase from his paragraph was "SICK tune on a diablo sport"..... unless i read too far into it but i doubt it lol

I think the key phrase from his paragraph was "SICK tune on a diablo sport"..... unless i read too far into it but i doubt it lol

for what it was 4 yrs ago it ran awesome....long before every idiot figured out diesel plus programmer.

it was a custom tune from diablo. no need to be a smarta$$ guy

i was wondering what the FICM was, i saw that on innovative's website. looks like a module. i wonder what the differences are in real world.

and what does the EGR delete consist of and is it pricey?

the ficm is the cpu on the drivers side toward the firewall with a bunch of connectors coming out of it. it works in conjuction with the ecu to decide how to fire the injectors.

egr deletes remove the entire egr cooler and some kits remove the egr valve itself but its not neccisary since the cooler will be deleted and there will be no exhaust flowing through it. once you removethe cooler and look at it you will understand why this cooler super heats your coolant and blows the heads. kits are inbetween $400-600 i like liberators delete but everyone else will say FCDP since he's a member here.

I apologize ktmracer, it sounded as though you were making the connection between his 24K in warranty work, and his diablo tuning. That is all.

thx guys, has eric's tuning changed much over the years? my "sixohh" ran 12.95's in 2wd with just his tune and exhaust and a little traction. i was more than impressed then.

i guess i need to just find a cheap xcal III and send it to innovative huh?

yep sct's are still the best there are some new sct's with digital readouts and color displays if your into that kind of thing

I run Eric's X-Race tune and his moderate FICM tune and love the combo! Instant throttle response and faster spool up on the stock charger. I am installing a 62/70 turbo and larger injectors, so we will see how the FICM and X-Race tune acts with this combo now. I was running 14 flat in the quarter in my CC SB 4x4 and am hoping to be in the mid 13's to low 13's with the upgrades I'm doing now.

I say stay with Eric for all of you 6.0L needs!

-French

Back