bad holley{s}

02 dodge4x4 5.9

Not Through Yet
both of my holley {blue} read good at idle 1 17lbs 1 15lbs but at {wot} my pressure light comes on now think i need to put a draw straw in or get bigger fuel line from front to rear or more
5lb lite comes on

Do you have a FP gauge yet Ben?? And have you checked the fuel filter to see if it's clogged??

mine does good at idle then it drops agood bit at wot. i would suggest bigger lines all the way.like i need to do

I have 1/2in lines from right after the tank all the way to the injection pump, and I still pull mine down to 4psi. It only reads about 8 psi most of the time.

I would'nt even put a holley on a lawn tractor, 1970's technology, hell they have a hard time with gas, yet diesel fuel. get a pump that was designed for diesel

scot

not everyone has 700 to drop on a pair of filters and a carter pump

Ive got 20psi idle on my Holley Blue and down to 10-12 at WOT 3 years going strong! I didnt mess with the spring or anything just installed and went.

My holley blue and stock pump combo have been good for almost two years. Found a kinked line the other day now mine will hold good pressure even at wop.

Im running a Holley blue with a 1/2 inch draw tube and 1/2 inch line all the way to the vp. Stock pump is mia. 11psi idle 8psi wot.

IC-Smoke said:
not everyone has 700 to drop on a pair of filters and a carter pump

Ive got 20psi idle on my Holley Blue and down to 10-12 at WOT 3 years going strong! I didnt mess with the spring or anything just installed and went.

Not sure what your talking about, first time I've heard of anything being from Carter and you don't need the filter set-up unless your really into racing. Only $400 for the pump and hoses and fittings, and easy to install.
Even if it is from Carter, it's still one of the only pumps that are made for diesel, and like I said before it has a 6 year warranty. Can't be beat.
Not saying you guys haven't seen alot of high powered trucks, I know you have, it's just that 95% of the performance Cummins Dodge's that I see on my weekly visits to Floor-it Diesel have a Fass system, and they all swear by them. That was all the proof that I needed to buy mine, and lets be honest, with a VP truck you don't want to risk it with a pump that isn't tried and true tested. John I. has been putting these pumps on for years and has only had one that went out early and that was because the guy took of the pre-filter.
Just my 0.02.

im kinda leaning that way now my juice is set at 4psi an i can peg it everyother time it seems sometimes all new lines filters an still cant keep enough pressure to the vp . at idle its between 14/16 but wot 6/5