Bad smell. What is it?

Ruben774

I have a smell that comes from my truck. It doesnt matter weather its hot or cold. It doesnt matter if Im running it hard or easy, and its done it for a long time. But it doesnt do it all of the time. It smells like someones dirty BO. And its not mine. But every time I smell it I have to check ,and its not me. Any ideas?:bang

where is it coming from ? under the hood or from the vents? I've heard of some that had a A/C leak its condensation into the cab under the carpet....the rotting padding was letting of a sickening smell.

When you get out of the truck to pee........Dont pee on the turbo. It works for me. :hehe:

But really. What kind of oil are you running? Rotello?

Rotella oil? So im smelling my blow by. Ok I gess I will just have to but up with it then. Do you know why it smells like that?

Last edited:
Yes... Some think Rotella has an odor.

Or the evaporator has a bit of mildew in it . If so Napa or Carquest has a can of deodorizer and mildew killer.

where is it coming from ? under the hood or from the vents? I've heard of some that had a A/C leak its condensation into the cab under the carpet....the rotting padding was letting of a sickening smell.

Change Your Oil To Valvaline Blue. I Got Into The Argument, I Used The Rotella And Now Just Run Valv 15-40 No More Funny Owder. Good Luck Fella

out of curiosity if this funny BO smell he is getting from his truck is from the rotella, is it on certian engines cause thats all i have ever ran in mine and never get a BO smell out of mine. i do occasionally get the oil smell but nothing like BO.

Mopar sold an additive to cure some customers having the same experience. It's been a year or two since I saw a thread that mentioned it. I would try a change of oil first.

My trucks oil smell is directly related to how hot I got my turbo and egt. I ran rotella for 100k and now Mobil for 40K

The bad part is the first time I smelt it I made my buddy mad when I told him he needed to take a bath. By the way thanks for the help.

Last edited:
That's classic :hehe: I agree with the rotella theory and personally do not recommend using it.