Bad turbo bark

blackcloudCTD95

I'm in the process of buying twins so last night I pulled the 64.5 off to put my old 62mm back on

I forgot how much fun that 62 was lol it defiantly doesn't have the power that the 64 had . with out changing fuel I'm cooler and cleaner than the 64

When I go to converter lock up it barks and surges horribly until you let out. The 64 also did it but I knew how to drive arround it. Or I would have to prolong the shift and get the rpm up above 2200 then it wouldn't do it ( low rpm with high maf volume)

Since its done it with 2 different chargers could it be a converter issue. And will it do it with twins? Someone told me it may cure it. Im doing a 62/ 72 maybe a sxe 472

Each turbo is working less and kills the bark. The bark basically disappears with twins until you are starting to push that set harder than they can handle.

I doubt I'll really push these twins I don't have the fuel. I'm doing it for spool and driveability.

It barked with a 62/70/12 a 63/68/14 and a 64.5/73/14 . the 64 didn't bark as bad as the others but I really had to scream the rpm's.

Should I get a looser housing on the s400 like a 1.10-1.32 I was looking at a 72/83/1.25 possibly a 75