Band adjustment question

HIGHGEAR05

I'm having a flare shift between 1st-2nd. Does anybody think that I need a front band adjustment?

no, its the governor pressure solonoid on the valve body its proly dirty, this happens all the time. Dodge has a TSB on it cause even they know its a problem. It wont hurt anything running like that but it does get annoying. Through the dodge house they will charge you around $500 to fix it if its not under warranty.

No problem...

I have the same little shuttle shift, but usually I just drive around it(give it a little more throttle to shift to 2nd and stay there) but it is getting kind of annoying lately, I just hadnt wanted to pony up the $50-70 for the solenoid:eek:

If that doesnt fix your problem, you can try the band adjustment, but most guys say if it really isnt slipping(or if you mess up setting the bands) you might just help your trans burn up sooner... Just as a warning.
I think Ill give it a shot next time I service the trans I may try and adjust them.
If you want the link for the procedure let me know...

Well, I went ahead and did the front band adjustment and it fix my problem. It shifts good from 1st - 2nd.

Well, I went ahead and did the front band adjustment and it fix my problem. It shifts good from 1st - 2nd.

Good deal! I think im going to change out the trans fluid next weekend and do the same, just have to pick up an in/lb torque wrench though...:eek: