banks ram

frank305

i have a banks high ram intake manifold from an 02 will it fit an 05 truck are they the same or it makes a diff

frank305 said:
i have a banks high ram intake manifold from an 02 will it fit an 05 truck are they the same or it makes a diff

I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit. In the online catalog it specifies on different year ranges:badidea:

Put it up on Ebay. Get some money out of it. You could use the money you earn from it on a more worthwhile mod.

It worked on my old truck when i got one for free as well off of an 03 and put it on my old 2000. You might need to get new grid heater gaskets, thats what it said in the directions, but mine looked fine so I reused them with no prob.....

i tried mine. It worked but it didnt. It made the intercooler pipe bend up and i think it might have restricted the air flow. I sold mine online on another forum for $200. You have to pull off the plastic valve cover piece to put it on and then you can put the plastic piece back on after the banks ram is installed.

JUST AN F.Y.I. BE GENTLE WHEN INSTALLING THE HIGH RAM (IF YOU CHOOSE TO) WHEN I GOT MINE THE SHOULDER ON THE STUD BOTTOMS OUT IN THE THREADED BOSS IN THE INTAKE DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE NUT ON TOP IT IT WILL BREAK THE BOSS AND SEND IT TO A CYLINDER, I KNOW FROM EXPIERENCE, 3 VALVES AND A PISTON LATER OOPS :doh: