banks twin ram intake

draught

Is any one running a banks twin ram intake and have you noticed any difference and is it worth the money?:ft::ft:::charger:

i have had them

NOT only are they not worth the money but try to tune an afc with one in place

impossible

OVERPRICED JUNK

there is a guy on ebay selling wht he calls a PUSHER intake

you can not beat the price

and they work great!

even clear a hydro boost master

I got a good deal on a used one that I run one on my 12 valve. I disagree that they are junk; entirely overpriced, but definitely not junk. I can take my AFC out and put it back in without any troubles, it's far from impossible. As for performance gains, I believe it feeds the rear cylinders better that the oem piece, but don't expect a huge gain from it. If you can find a good deal on a used one, buy it. I wouldn't pay full price for one however.

X2 they are hard to find used though. Hey they are the only company yet to release something that is like that. I would buy one if i wasn't able to make something similar :)

X2 they are hard to find used though. Hey they are the only company yet to release something that is like that. I would buy one if i wasn't able to make something similar :)

Hellman Performance makes them also, not much cheaper though.

Hellmann's is similar but IMO should flow a little better, its all mandrel bent round aluminum with no grid heaters. Banks' is still square shaped and uses grid heaters.

I am making one very similar to Joe's for my truck if I ever get around to it...

There was a test using a twin-ram in an old TDR magazine on a truck with a pyro on each exhaust cylinder. Under load the EGT range between hottest and coolest cylinder was like 85F with the stock air horn. With the Twin Ram it reduced the difference to less than 15F.

Vaughn