batt problem

6owed

gettin' faster
2 mornings in a row my truck has been DEAD I mean not even the dinger works I am going to test the batteries I guess one is bad and draining the other, I don't even know where to start I have no accessories draining it I have no idea what else could cause this
any input is appreciated.
also what is the proper way to charge it
which battery do I jump off
:bang :banghead:

I would isolate the batteries and charge one battery at a time. The charger should tell you which battery is bad.

Don't dismiss a load on the batteries. A malfunction could be creating an electrical load that you do not know about. With the batteries isolated, connect one to the vehicle through a multi-meter measuring amps. Be sure doors, are shut and lights are off when you do this. The load from the "keep alive" supplies to the computers should not be detectable if you are on a 0-10 amp range. See if you have a drain that is big enough to kill your batteries overnight.

thanks guys
it turned out that the batt on the pass side was bad and draining my main batt i guess
I replaced that one and it seems fine

so far

As much as it sucks it's a :badidea: changing one battery in a two battery system, it's only a matter of time before the old battery takes out both batteries and then you'll be replacing both then.

well crap:bang

I guess I will get the other one tomorrow

I thhink I might get a couple optimas and put this one in my jeep....

thanks again

I got alot to learn still

what about charging and jumping these trucks off???
what is the right way just for future use

I don't know proper jumping for ours but I hook to the driverside, pos to terminal and neg to ground. I know dodge says not to use their trucks to jump other vehicles not sure about ford or why they would say that at least thats what my brother told me when I asked for a jump:eek:wned: .

Its a pain to jump. I had to run cables to my wifes SUV then use my charger on the other one. This was after the hurricane wilma, I had to plug my charger into my generator. Tried to buy new batteries but everything was closed or had no power to use a credit card. Had to save the cash for food and beers.