battery on trailer

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
I think I am going to put a winch on the trailer. Instead of running the 12V to keep the battery charged, I am going to put an inverter on the trailer and then plug in a 110V battery tender into the invertor to keep the battery charged.

:shake:

What the heck are you smokin' Dan?

:bang

LOL

Is this a joke? I guess it would work but... WHY????

Seems like you'd use the aux power or tail light wire to charge the trailer battery while hooked on. Then, while parked or disconnected, use a maintainer with desulfator to keep it up and ready when you need it. Why buy and mount an inverter on the trailer to sit out in the weather and be tied down? Seems like you'd keep your maintainer free for use on any vehicle and not dedicated....but it's your baby, do what you want. :D

Are you serious or is this thread fishin' for tards? :hehe:

Seems like you'd use the aux power or tail light wire to charge the trailer battery while hooked on. Then, while parked or disconnected, use a maintainer with desulfator to keep it up and ready when you need it. Why buy and mount an inverter on the trailer to sit out in the weather and be tied down? Seems like you'd keep your maintainer free for use on any vehicle and not dedicated....but it's your baby, do what you want. :D

Are you serious or is this thread fishin' for tards? :hehe:

I was fishing for tards, you robbed the bait off the hook.

I am actually planning on putting an invertor on there for other reasons.

FYI in this istance I wasn't going to use any external power, it was going to be a selfcontained perpetual energy machine!

The inverter was going to get its power from the battery, the maintainer from the invertor, and the battery get its power from the mainainer.

I plan on using trailer aux power to charge the battery, or possibly find a cheap solar maintainer, haven't looked into those yet.

I have a battery on the trailer to run the winch, just charge it every few weeks at the shop.

Huh? :bang It's a 17.5. Runs longer. :hehe: I've heard of noob questions, but come on man! LOL
I'm glad you sold me those 17.5v batteries for my truck. They were well worth the extra money! They look just like regular batteries, but I know they are better!

No problem, Nick! I made them out of extra deep cycle marine batteries coupled with two 40 farad capacitors! :hehe:

Check these bastages out! WITH voltage readout! And it says "11.8" volts, not 118. :hehe:

p120HCAP40-f.jpeg

Tsunami HCAP-40 40-farad amp-style hybrid capacitor at Crutchfield.com

No problem, Nick! I made them out of extra deep cycle marine batteries coupled with two 40 farad capacitors! :hehe:

I'm gonna make up a bunch and sell em cheap now that you let your secret out!!!!!!!

I hope I don't blow myself up:hehe::hehe:

Don't cross the streams...the inverse flux duractance will negate the marsal vains and cause the sub-terranian tremmy pipe to explode.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip.

Do I need to put them in a container, or can I just pull a plate out of the battery to make room and let them sit in the acid?

Will silicone glue the tops back on?