BBi Stage 1 vs BMS +100

I do know the "stainless" part is a misnomer, it's the rest I'm learning from. Thanks to all who have had input.

No, Such thing as a stainless body ? Hmmm I wonder what these Brand new BMS Stainless bodied Marine injectors are that We have on the shelf ? That come as a balanced set from Bosch ?
They are probably the same as several sets I have used/sold, not stainless!

They are probably the same as several sets I have used/sold, not stainless!

I believe you guys.

The only part I'm second guessing is the part where they are saying BMS don't come as a complete set from Bosch, Balanced and calibrated as a unit. We have Bosch Injectors with BMS "nozzles" that come from Bosch as a unit balanced and calibrated. That DO NOT include a 503/505 part number what so ever. Have a completely separate Bosch number.

Correct. Its a marine injector for a marine application. Just so happens they work perfect and are about a 30% over directly from Bosch. Either nozzle or complete assembly. You can buy them either way.

Ok, so now were on the same page as far as the nozzle or getting them as a unit. Which I knew, because we sell also sell them both ways. What I was under the impression of, is that the Marine "new" injectors came balanced from Bosch as a unit. Now while I feel my speculations are right. A couple others say they are not balanced from Bosch? That's where my confusion is. And balancing was only available for the new marine injectors when come from Bosch.

So are the BBi 1's worth the extra $100ish a hole over the Bosch Marine complete injector?
Or are the BBi simply a reboxed marine stick?

Last edited:
I have had Bosch remans with 75% overs from exergy that were balanced to less than 1% never had any problems, but I did have a body go bad around 11k, so now I'm having shane open them up to 100% overs. I trust whatever shane recommends, but have heard a lot about the bbis and I may try a set out someday.

If your going to spend the coin on a new set, just bit the bullet and get BBI's.

Whos actually ran any of these super duper stage 4, or 3 for that matter, BBIs? The salesman is the only person I've heard preaching they are THE end all Cummins CR injector. Hard to give into that price and self created hype attempt when there's proven companies selling Bosch Motorsport products cheaper and with more backing data.

I have read quite a few reviews on the Stage 1 and Stage 2, not so many on 3 or 4. Paulb is running the Stage 4's, and has a thread here on them.

To me it's like the BB Garrett's, they cost more (generally) so fewer people run them but the people that run them really like the performance vs the cost.

I can tell you that the BBI 1"s will be good to or over 700 with the correct air. I run a 64/68/.9 and am in the upper 600's. A small set of towing twins and I would be over 700hp. The 3's and 4's are no joke as to the power potential that they advertise and I don't think very many people have the combo to use larger than 2's. I am in the process of building a drag truck that will have a 6.4 cummins and will be running the 4's. I know Paul B said he had to turn down his tune to compensate for the 4's.

I also notice that everyone preaches that you get what you pay for until it is their coin that is being spent.

I also notice that everyone preaches that you get what you pay for until it is their coin that is being spent.

Agreed. I spent a pretty penny for my 12v injectors that the nozzles were balanced from Exergy and injectors were setup by E.D and most people asked why I spent as much as I did. And the product spoke for itself.

Also, I hope no one got the impression I was bashing BBi by anything I asked or stated by the way. I was just trying to clear up some confusion that I was under the impression of, about the BMS injectors.

I have no need for anything larger then 2s and I assume this is the case with many others. I don't know of anyone else that is running 3s or 4s. Mine did 579 with a stock tune, and 749 on a mileage tune with 20* of timing and 2200us pulse width for what its worth.

A set of stage 1's is around 3460 the last time I looked. A set from someone else, with a core charge, is around 3200. He get's to keep his old injectors and has a new set. Comes out to the good to me. If I was in his shoes, I would probably get the BBI stage 1's. I'm not a BBI cheerleader, just stating the facts.

I agree totally. I bought a set of BBI 1's and then turned around and sold my old injectors for 950 because they were fine and ran fine I just wanted a little bigger. I should have went with the 2's. Even if your injectors are worn out or don't run right you could sell them as cores for 500.

Back